Need talley mount....help please

cavtrooper94

I'm trying to find a set of talley one piece scope mount/ring for my Savage 116 338 Win Mag w/ accutrigger. I will be mounting a Leupold 4.5-14x40 Mark 4 LR/T with a 30mm tube. I have heard that I need the extended set of mounts to mount this scope on a 116. I just can't find them online.

Also I'm just looking for matte black

Any help......please

I'll look again, I didn't see a way to order from them earlier. I clicked a link that took me to some shady website of a place in Maine....I'll look again thanksgun)

Howdy Cavtrooper:
Hope this of some help. I recently purchased a Savage 111 LRH and could not figure out which Talley Mounts I needed. I e-mailed Talley and it took two days but they got back with me with the proper number. It matched the number at Natchez Shooters Supply and that was the cheapest I could find.
Just as a side note. I mounted a Huskemaw on the Savage and I had to turn the front mount around backwards to get enough room for the scope to fit. It was so close I was not sure it would even work. After shooting the gun it did work perfectly but no room for adjusting eye relief. Good thing the Huskemaw has plenty.
Anyway good luck. Hope this helps!lightbulb

Good to hear Wrangler. What caliber is you LRH? I've been looking into a 7mm Rem Mag but havn't seen any yet.

I got it in the 6.5 X 284. What a rifle!!!
It doesn't seem to matter what kind of powder I run thru it or what charge it just shoots a ragged hole!
I have a lot of guns but I have never had one that is so forgiving.
Shooting 140 hunting VLDs thru it right now and just finishing up the target data for BOTW so they can finish my turret.
Myself and two other buddies got them the same day. We have had them ordered since January. Also have one other buddy that ordered his in a 7mmRem Mag but it did not come in yet.
I think the 7 Mag would be a great addition. Probably have to do that next.
Never thought I would own a Savage. This is my first and know for sure it wont be my last!:):D:D

Wrangler

I am a little concerned about turning the front mount backwards. I just got my scope and I would deffinatly have to turn the mount and ring backwards to make it fit. I'm thinking I might go with a leupold Mark 4 one pice picatinny base and some Mark 4 rings. Do you think that would work?

Ya I know what ya mean. The only reason I turned my backwards was because I had already lapped the rings and I had nothing to lose. I relapped the rings to make sure that turning the one backwards didn't affect alignment and went for it!
More than anything was trying to save someone the same trouble if they bought the new Savage 111 and was planning on mounting a Huskemaw.
Have to admit it still works which did surprise me. Just shot more targets this morning and this thing really shoots!
I actually told my buddies about the problem before they had purchased rings and we came to the conclusion that the pic mounts would definitely give ya more to work with. They both decided that was the way to go with the new Savage.
Good Luck.
Let me know what ya end up with and how it works.

BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT! THAN NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.