Scope for Tikka T3x Compact Tactical 6.5 Creedmoor for hunting

azhunter5555

I just purchased a Tikka T3x compact tactical rifle in 6.5 creedmoor. I have been reading everything I can regarding a scope. I am mainly going to be coues deer hunting with the rifle. I want a scope that tracks well and has good glass and is not too heavy as I hike for miles on coues hunts to get to my spots and back pack in many times. I would really like to keep it under $1200. Right now I am leaning toward the Sightron IIISS 6-24x50 LRFFP/MOA. I know it does not have the zero stop. What other options should I be considering? I have considered the Vortex PSR but I read glass is not quite as good and may not track as well. Have read good reviews on the Bushnell Elite Tactical and the Long range hunter, but the tactical may be a little too heavy. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

I have the exact same rifle, same caliber. I went with a Nightforce SHV 4-14 F1. I got mine for $1250. It has good glass and is a solid scope. Hopefully yours shoots as good as mine. I have tried factory ammo and about 4-5 different handloads and they all shoot well under sub moa, some close to a !/4 moa. If you handload keep me posted on load development, I have a few that work really well in my gun if you are looking for a starting point.

I have a t3 ctr in 260, love the rifle. I also put a sightron siii 6x24 moa. The scope tracks good and has good optics for the range and daylight hunting. However, the reticle is very fine and does not show up well at very first or last daylight, often when at least whitetails come out in my area. I may one day switch it out for something with heavier reticles or illuminated.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.