Hand loads for hunting a 6.5 Creedmoor

Deepins

I just got a 6.5 Creedmoor for hunting and varmints. My friend will be loading for me. I have a small farm that is having problems with
coyotes. They are coming in off the desert and trying to get into my chicken coop.
The rifle I also plan on hunting deer and pronghorn it.
Thank you so much

6.5cm is very easy generally to find a good handload for. I like the Berger 140vldh and the hornady 143eldx. They would work great for deer and pronghorn. Would also work on coyote, but you could also drop down to lighter weight bullets for those. H4350, RL16 work great for powders, although according to some rl26 gives more speed and works great. I just have no personal experience with that powder.

My friend has killed 3 coyotes with his 6.5 creed this year, 143eldx factory fodder. He's skinned and sold all 3 hides, very little fur damage. I suspect the slow velocity to help in that. I load my personal and nephews creeds with 140 Bergers and a stiff charge of RL26. 2820 from his 20" barrel and 2912 from my 24".

20200426_183429.jpg

Result of remington factory hpbt -200 yards

Shoot a 95 grain V max at the yotes, it will make a mess of them.
For deer I use a 140 Hybrid and it works exceptionally well. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.