FACTORY loads for the 6.5 Creedmoor

Another vote for the Hornady 143 Precision Hunter, shoot great out my buddy's two CM's (one custom and one factory rifle).

I am using ...

P26mJmR.jpg

... in my entry level 6.5 CM and a 3-shot group at 200 yards ...

19QUhZ4.jpg

Good luck!

I have shot a lot of the Hornady precision hunter stuff with the 143 ELD-X. It shoots rather well in two rifles (Tikka and Fieldcraft) but the velocity is certainly pedestrian. I think it is well under 2600 fps in both rifles

Have a new one due next week. Which factory load is best for deer sized game?
The best factory ammo I've ever shot is Prime Ammunition. I have shot a ton of it in my .260's and it's absolutely ridiculously accurate and consistent.

I order it direct from Prime by the case, full case, and they give me a good break on the shipping. They produce the same in 6.5cm.

Shot this out to 600 yards with results similar to barrelnut. Nothing super impressive but easy 3/4" at 100 and reliable hits on moa plates out to 600.

I forgot ammo and wanted to shoot while on vacation so bought this. No chrono, no measurements, just checked 100 yards with 3 shots then the rest were at steel. 2700 FPS is what I ran for ballistic calcs.
I haven't shot any of the 6.5CM but overall I've had great results with their precision hunter line particularly in .300wm.

in my entry level 6.5 CM and a 3-shot group at 200 yards

Personally I would up the "entry level" to "my great shooting rifle" but that's just me.

Like you I bought a box of Winchester Deer Season XP....results in my "entry level" Savage 6.5CM were the same as yours. Good stuff! Have had good results with the same brand in two different 243's also.

Last edited:
Personally I would up the "entry level" to "my great shooting rifle" but that's just me.

Like you I bought a box of Winchester Deer Season XP....results in my "entry level" Savage 6.5CM were the same as yours. Good stuff! Have had good results with the same brand in two different 243's also.

I am a big Savage fan as they just flat out shoot! But my entry level shooter cost me only $20. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts