Scope for t3 ctr 6.5 creed

huntnm2001

I preordered a new t3x ctr in 6.5 creedmoor so now I have to make a final decision on a scope. The purpose will be hunting out to 6-700 yards and fun shooting out to 1000+. I'm currently thinking about a sightron s-tac 4-20 or either the vortex viper hs-t or hslr. The vortex scopes would probably be the 4-16 models. I don't think I need ffp. I would like to dial for distances. Any thoughts on these models or others in a similar price range I should look at? Budget is probably in the 500 ish range.

I preordered a new t3x ctr in 6.5 creedmoor so now I have to make a final decision on a scope. The purpose will be hunting out to 6-700 yards and fun shooting out to 1000+. I'm currently thinking about a sightron s-tac 4-20 or either the vortex viper hs-t or hslr. The vortex scopes would probably be the 4-16 models. I don't think I need ffp. I would like to dial for distances. Any thoughts on these models or others in a similar price range I should look at? Budget is probably in the 500 ish range.

Maybe you could find a used Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50. Both of mine actually move the amount the clicks indicate. They are an ounce lighter than the Sightron and there is no comparison against the Vortex for glass. I paid $620 and $685 new for the two I have.

Maybe you could find a used Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50. Both of mine actually move the amount the clicks indicate. They are an ounce lighter than the Sightron and there is no comparison against the Vortex for glass. I paid $620 and $685 new for the two I have.
I'll have to check those out

All good choices! I sold my Bushnell 3.5-21x HDMR due to it's sheer weight. I guess it really depends on whether you are going to be packing it around in the field. Also sold a Razor... because of weight. I ended up finding a good balance between weight and clarity in the Vortex Viper PST 6-24x FFp.... There's lots of great glass out there. Some of the old Bausch & Lomb scopes have sweet glass.... and so do some of the older Nikon Monarchs. Just depends on what "your" eyes like.

My buddy swears by Nikon glass... and to my eyes... Bushnell looks better. We can even be sitting at the range together looking down each others scopes. It's not an ego thing... I really just think we're all built a little differently and what looks good to one person, may or may not to another.

If I were to give a little advice... try as much glass as you can and find something that looks good to you and works for your intended purposes!!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.