Scope for 6.5 creedmore

stoner

All~

I am in the process of building a 6.5 creedmore and trying to determine which scope I should purchase. scopes are around 1200$

Nightforce SHV 5-20X56mm
Leupold VX 3i 6.5X20X50
Leupold Mark 4 6.5X20X50

Last edited:
I am also looking to put a scope on a new 6.5 creedmore build.
Think I am going with a leupold VX6 for a couple of reasons.
1. My brother has one on his gun and I have been able to use it a little bit I personally think it is clearer and easier to look thru than my stiener T5XI.
2 I thought about the nightforce but my new gun is only going to be about 7.5 pounds and I didn't want the extra weight.
3 I have a few Leupolds on other hunting guns and have never had a problem with them breaking plus their warranty is great.

All~

I am in the process of building a 6.5 creedmore and trying to determine which scope I should purchase. scopes are around 1200$

Nightforce SHV 5-20X56mm
Leupold VX 3i 6.5X20X50
Leupold Mark 4 6.5X20X50

I want me one too. Thinking about a savage switch barrel I can chamber in 6.5 creedmore and 6mm BR

What is the intended usage

If I were using it for long range target I would slap on my vx-6 7-42

If I were using it for hunting I would slap on my vx-6 4-24

If I were you I would just wait and sock away a little more money and get me a VX-6

I plan on staying away from vortex. They seem to be hit and miss as far as reviews go.

Intended use will be hunting and paper punching. My first full custom rifle and want to put new optics. Been a leupold man for years. NF has caught my eye but never looked thru them.

I plan on staying away from vortex. They seem to be hit and miss as far as reviews go.

Intended use will be hunting and paper punching. My first full custom rifle and want to put new optics. Been a leupold man for years. NF has caught my eye but never looked thru them.

yep

been a leupold man for over 40 years. They have never let me down yet.

I have been tempted by the nightforce hype but when you get to that level I think they are all good and will do the job required.

I chose to stay with leupold.

I just loaded up a new scope on my 6.5 Creedmoor. I put the Nightforce SHV 4-14 x 50 F1 focal plane scope on mine and am shooting much better than I did with the scope I had on before. I have no complaints about it and it is by far the cheapest NF I've ever ran. It fits your budget.

Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.