Scope for Savage 220

3fingervic

I'm looking to get a Savage 220 now that they are going to make it in a left handed version. My plan is to have Kevin at Stockade Stocks make me a prairie dog/tactical stock for it. Any one have any scope suggestions? Looking for one with a little more power than the 3-9. Less than $600, and SFP. I would like some MOA dots for hold overs. I guess we could turn this into a, "Hey here's what I have", type thread.

Hi 3fingervic.
When I picked up my Savage 220F I was on a serious budget. I traded an old sported out O3A3 and a touch of cash for it. I couldn't afford the EGW mount or a scope so I grabbed 2 Weaver # 46 bases and headed home.
The only scope I had not on a gun was a Tasco Pronghorn 4x32 fixed power. That was 2 years ago. I haven't changed a thing. This beast plants clovers dead center @ 100yds with Remington Accu tips 2 3/4"! My best grp was 3/4" @ 100 yds. gun)
Okay, that said.
I would really dig a 3-9x50mm scope. Its sinfully accurate, you won't be disappointed! I wish Boyds would come out with a walnut stock for it!
lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts