Scope for a 338 Lapua

Tag 566

I'm in the market for a scope for my Savage 110 in 338 Lapua. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased a Zeiss Z-1000 6.5x20x50 for my Savage 110 BA about 4 years ago and have had no problems with it. Enough MOA adj for 1000+yds, the only con would be the reticle seems to cover a large portion of my 14"x22" gong out at 1000.

I've got a Trijicon on my Savage 11/111 Long Range Hunter and a Nightforce NXS 5-25x56 on my Savage 10 BA. I have the 11/111 for putting big holes in pigs and rarely shoot it more than 200 yards. I'm happy with the performance of both.

I purchased a Zeiss Z-1000 6.5x20x50 for my Savage 110 BA about 4 years ago and have had no problems with it. Enough MOA adj for 1000+yds, the only con would be the reticle seems to cover a large portion of my 14"x22" gong out at 1000.
My brother has the same scope for the same rifle and gets along just fine with it.

Personally I prefer the Leupold VX-6 in either 4-24x52 or the 3-18x50 but the Zeiss Conquest can be had for far less.

The big limitation on the Conquest is that with the 1" tube you have very limited elevation adjustment compared to those with a 30mm or large tube.

I'm finding that the answer to all of my "what scope" questions is the Kahles k624i. Superb glass, first focal plane, left hand windage, great build quality. Both of my hunting rifles have this scope. I couldn't be happier.

For a Savage BA .338 Lapua magnum I'd opt for a Bushnell XRS 4.5 - 30 x 50 with a H-59 reticle.

I have a Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 on my competition 6.5 CM Ruger Precision Rifle with the H59 reticle. I've come to love that reticle.

Look, your Savage and my Ruger are both "bargain" long range rifles that punch way above their weight (price). I choose the Bushnell because even thought it was about $600. more than my Ruger competition rifle it was in the same "best-for-the-money" class, just like your .338 LM Savage BA.

Eric B.

I'm finding that the answer to all of my "what scope" questions is the Kahles k624i. Superb glass, first focal plane, left hand windage, great build quality. Both of my hunting rifles have this scope. I couldn't be happier.

Now that's a scope. Pricey but I've heard nothing but outstanding reports. A friend of mine sold all his Nightforce to go with Kahles. He shoots tactial matches and F Class and can not only afford what he wants but knows how to use it.

IOR Crusader 5.8-40x
Got one myself, would not trade it for anything.
I can see 6.5mm rounds at 510meter when i shoot paper, love it:)

I have heard that the one Millett scope that has the 35mm tube holds up to the 338 and 50 cal.Sorry I do not know the model but I think they only have one scope with a 35mm tube.

Another big thumbs up for the Kahles k624i I have two of them and am extremely happy.

A lightweight vote would go to the march 3-24x52 with FFP and a nice retcle too.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.