Scope for 7mm Mag ?

Lonnie

What magnification scope would you put on a rifle chambered in 7mm Remingtom Magnum. Rifle will be used for Pronghorn Antelope and deer. Yes, maybe I don't need a 7mag for these critters, but I like the range and power if a target is out there a ways.

Thanks

Don't think there are any lope in Minnasoda, so me thinks yer headed west for the lopes and Mn. for the deer.

Just my tho'ts here. Figure a decent 3x9 would be a good fit in there somewhere. Mount it in some Burris Signature rings would be another recommendation.

Good luck, have fun, and good shootin'

A 4.5-14 is about perfect for a big game rifle. You will have no trouble making the long shots and the 4.5 is low enough that the quick shots are possible as well. Good luck!!

Lonnie, Depends on how much weight and balance you are willing to live with. I would never go over the 4.5X14, but I think that there are two better choices for a hunting rig. Either the 3X9 or the 3.5X10 would give you plenty of view coupled with enough magnification to fulfill your requirements. Don't fall into the big objective trap. A 40 mm objective mounts much lower and still gives you a good overall performance. Good luck.

I have a springfield Armory 4.5-14/50 with ranging reticle on my pack gun 7mm Remington. I really like and seems holding up well. I got it dialed in out to 500 yards for elk and harvested my bull with it at 405 during season.

I think an use the leupold VX111 4.5-14x40AO with med duplex..awsome scope its on my mag now but have had it on several others from my 22-250 to my 30-378wby.if i were to buy another scope the only thing i might change would be to a 50mm obj...an the varmint ret.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.