Scope recommendations for 7mm Rem Mag

Billinsd

Hi, I have a Savage 7mm Rem Mag. It is a hunting rifle and I would like to be able to shoot long range with it.

I also would like to keep the weight down.

What is a good compromise between a long range scope that does not weight 30 plus ounces.

As a starting point I like the Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T M1 or M3 as far as design and features and weight. I also like the 4.5x14, however, I am not crazy about the 50mm objective.

The Nightforce 2.5-10x33 looks nice, but I'd rather have 40mm objective.

What kind of options are available in say 18 ounce plus or minus, 3 or 4 to 12 or 14 power scopes with target turrets, and 40mm objectives?

Thanks
Bill

Do you mean
Mark 4 4.5-14x40mm LR/T Target ?

I don't think that has the target turrets, does it?

Bill

Last edited:
Thanks. I noticed it looks like the turrets are not adjustable, like the other ones. Would Leupold be able to install turrets?
Thanks
Bill

Thanks. I noticed it looks like the turrets are not adjustable, like the other ones. Would Leupold be able to install turrets?
Thanks
Bill

I'm not sure what you mean exactly? Those turrets adjust just like the others do. The target turrets come with caps, is that what you are talking about? You could have them install the M1 style if you'd like.

I have a 4.5-14X x 44mm Zeiss Conquest with Mildot reticle and target turrets on one of my 7mm Rem Mags and that's what I would buy again. The scope weight is ~17.1 oz.

The glass is better to my eyes than the Leupold VX III series of scopes, and more light is transmitted also.

About $750.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.