scope comparison

I would like the link also please as well as the answer to your original post. I am looking at purchasing a higher end scope early next year.
Thanks
Dave

Well, this turned from a question about scopes into a "send link" thread :rolleyes:

Anyone else have any info on the scopes from post #1?

Hi there
I have both the VX5 HD 3-15x44
VX6 HD 3-18x44 and I do prefer the VX6 over the V5 but one thing I found out when comparing those scopes to a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 is on my rifles from a 100 yard zero they only have 25-27 of verticle MOA adjustment up and the Zeiss had 53 MOA of vertical adjustment up,
I would seriously look at the Zeiss, a much better MOA zero stop dial, tracking was spot on and optics were better.

I can't compare to the SIG as I've never laid eyes on one
WF

My bad on jacking up your thread!!! I had a Tango6 and liked everything about it except the elevation turret had something wrong with it. It didn't engage the lock correctly and the clicks were very mushy compared to the windage turret. I sent it back for exchange. I'll report back as soon as my replacement gets here. The glass was very good, reticle was great, illumination was great from bright sun to last light. Very heavy optic but I'm good with that to.

Measurements don't cut it when one wants subjective info.

There are indeed things about modern riflescopes that defy measurement. However, these constitute a small fraction of all the qualities of scopes. What might be some of the subjective info you'd be interested in?

Have the non HD6 2x10x44 and recently purchased the 5HD 3x15x44....no discernible difference to me. The focus wheel on the 5 gave me pause at first but not for long. Have not looked thru a 6HD...

Those damm firedots have spoiled the crap out'a me. My favorite rifle wears a lit up VXR...another sound Lupe alternative.

@cohunt Vx5hd doesn't come with the sweet alumina caps.

Vx6hd does.

Glass=Same

Differences;

Vx6hd has
-a ZL2 turret on the windage,
-electronic level indicator
-illuminated reticle options (Vx5hd only has firedot as an illuminated option)
-alumina caps

No idea how the SIG compares

Hah! I did see your classified. Why is it for sale? No harm no fault, if this question crosses any line... I'll understand.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.