Quality Scope Comparison

ernierod

I am about to purchase my first decent quality scope-not used for hunting-just target shooting up to and occasionally 1,000 yds.Putting a premium on optical quality and dollar value-need opinions on the following 4 scopes-never having seen any of them myself-1)Leupold MK4 LR/T 4.5x14-40, 2)Vortex Viper 6.5x20-50 PA, 3)Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20-50 and 4) Vortex Viper PST 6x24-50. Would appreciate opinions from folks who have ACTUALLY viewed/used these scopes.Many Thanks Erod

Last edited:
If it`s for target only shooting the more power the better. I have picked up several Leupolds in 24 to 36 X at gunshows for $400. These are excellant scope with target knobs and are just what you need. I keep a couple of them around for working up loads and ckecking out new guns. I also have a Benchrest quality rifle with a 36X on and am considering tring that game.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.