Scope/Binoculars

lefty15

Well you guys have convinced me to save my pennies and go with higher end optics. I will be using my optics for primarily hunting. What would you guys suggest that I should look at for a scope and binoculars in the $1000.00 to $1500.00 range?

lefty15
Zeiss, you could get both Conquest scope and bino's in that range if you shop around.
Or Leica's in the bino only.
Scopes are in the eye of the beholder and your expected funtion of that piece of equipment, i.e. target knobs a must for long range dial ups and windage.

Are we talking $1000-$1500 for both or ea????? If it's each, I'd say NXS 5.5-22 on the scope and Swaro SLC on the binos.

So do we know anybody who would order a set of Swaro SLCs and a NXS 5X22 and not whine and complain? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The gun the NXS was to go on is not done so I put it on a F-Class rifle temporarily. It is really a fine piece of glass.

go with a night force scope. On binos every one is going to make fun of me but I like my nikons better than the swaro I looked through. I dont know what one it was but wasn't impressed. I got a set of nikons and like them. There big and heavy but I like them. I also got a set of smaller one also Nikons but they suck at gathering light in early morning and evening. Dont matter though if you have a night force. Just find the animal then use the NXS to see what you are looking at. But I really do like the larger Nikons I have. they do pretty good in the light gathering department.

[ QUOTE ]
Are we talking $1000-$1500 for both or ea????? If it's each, I'd say NXS 5.5-22 on the scope and Swaro SLC on the binos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on the scope being a Nightforce, but I would have to go with Leica as the top binocular I own both Leica and Swarovski bino's and to my eye the Leica gets the nod

I've been looking at binoc's for about 3 months and I gotta tell ya I haven't seen anything as good as the swarovski 10x50 slc and I've looked at everything.

"I like my nikons better than the swaro I looked through"

I agree - I like my Pentax slightly more than the Nikons (toss up really) and prefer them to a friends Swaros.

Yup, really like the Pentax SP 10x50, then the wife thought I wouldn't be happy so she bought me the Leica's. Yes the Pentax's were REALLY nice glass for @650, sharp edges and very clear.

Here is some information I asked about a couple of months ago. It does not ask about different brands being as I am pretty simple minded sometimes and try to make a difficult issue simple

SLC vs ELs

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts