Scope/Binoculars

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by lefty15, Mar 5, 2007.

1. lefty15

lefty15 Well-Known Member

Well you guys have convinced me to save my pennies and go with higher end optics. I will be using my optics for primarily hunting. What would you guys suggest that I should look at for a scope and binoculars in the $1000.00 to $1500.00 range?

2. Freebore

Freebore Well-Known Member

lefty15
    Zeiss, you could get both Conquest scope and bino's in that range if you shop around.
    Or Leica's in the bino only.
    Scopes are in the eye of the beholder and your expected funtion of that piece of equipment, i.e. target knobs a must for long range dial ups and windage.

3. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Are we talking $1000-$1500 for both or ea????? If it's each, I'd say NXS 5.5-22 on the scope and Swaro SLC on the binos.

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

So do we know anybody who would order a set of Swaro SLCs and a NXS 5X22 and not whine and complain? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The gun the NXS was to go on is not done so I put it on a F-Class rifle temporarily. It is really a fine piece of glass.

5. screech

screech Well-Known Member

go with a night force scope. On binos every one is going to make fun of me but I like my nikons better than the swaro I looked through. I dont know what one it was but wasn't impressed. I got a set of nikons and like them. There big and heavy but I like them. I also got a set of smaller one also Nikons but they suck at gathering light in early morning and evening. Dont matter though if you have a night force. Just find the animal then use the NXS to see what you are looking at. But I really do like the larger Nikons I have. they do pretty good in the light gathering department.

6. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Are we talking $1000-$1500 for both or ea????? If it's each, I'd say NXS 5.5-22 on the scope and Swaro SLC on the binos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on the scope being a Nightforce, but I would have to go with Leica as the top binocular I own both Leica and Swarovski bino's and to my eye the Leica gets the nod

7. linksmechanic

linksmechanic Well-Known Member

I've been looking at binoc's for about 3 months and I gotta tell ya I haven't seen anything as good as the swarovski 10x50 slc and I've looked at everything.

8. wapiti13

wapiti13 Well-Known Member

For overall, I still like the 10X42 EL Swaro over the SLC line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. linksmechanic

linksmechanic Well-Known Member

I here ya. I just like the extra light transmission of the 50's.

10. LRHWAL

LRHWAL Well-Known Member

"I like my nikons better than the swaro I looked through"

I agree - I like my Pentax slightly more than the Nikons (toss up really) and prefer them to a friends Swaros.

11. Freebore

Freebore Well-Known Member

Yup, really like the Pentax SP 10x50, then the wife thought I wouldn't be happy so she bought me the Leica's. Yes the Pentax's were REALLY nice glass for @650, sharp edges and very clear.

12. lefty15

lefty15 Well-Known Member

Yes I was saying $1000.00 to $1500.00 for each one.

13. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Here is some information I asked about a couple of months ago. It does not ask about different brands being as I am pretty simple minded sometimes and try to make a difficult issue simple

SLC vs ELs

14. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

I have had a Zeiss 7x42 High Brightness binocs for a number of years with no complaints