Scope Advice

^ while I agree with the sentiment, pretty much every consumer product is made in China. Like trillions of dollars in trade a year worth's. We aren't hurting China one bit not buying Chinese built scopes.

Even if it's built in the US or somewhere more reputable, it has some type of Chinese component from the raw materials, to the individual parts, to the packaging or even by the shipping method and what vehicle took it. There is some Chinese involvement.

Thank the US government for over regulation and cheap trade deals. Pretty much killed off the US factory worker. One thing I like about capitalism is that it always finds a way. Uncle Sam can't even stop it.

^ while I agree with the sentiment, pretty much every consumer product is made in China. Like trillions of dollars in trade a year worth's. We aren't hurting China one bit not buying Chinese built scopes.

Even if it's built in the US or somewhere more reputable, it has some type of Chinese component from the raw materials, to the individual parts, to the packaging or even by the shipping method and what vehicle took it. There is some Chinese involvement.
Abjectly false- pretty much every inexpensive product is tied to china.
This over generalization has started to leach into the thoughts of all Americans but it simply isnt true, yet.
Many consumer products come from other countries there's a handy chart out there for everything from washing machine's to cell phones on how to avoid chinese goods if your so inclined.
Every drop out of the bucket makes it weigh less and leaves less water to get dropped on our heads.

China touches everything. Boycotting products won't do anything. Vote for politicians who won't screw away American made products, raw material production, and manufacturing.

Nothing I said was abjectly false.

China touches everything. Boycotting products won't do anything. Vote for politicians who won't screw away American made products, raw material production, and manufacturing.

Nothing I said was abjectly false.
You did it again "china touches everything"
That isnt true, but if everyone says it it will be eventually.
Politicians cant turn the tide if Americans are happy buying chinese **** and claiming that they have to because it's their only option.

Bushnel Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 mil/mil, G3 illuminated reticle
(For my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro)

This scope from Optics Planet and around $980. as I remember. Very good glass being that fhis is their Elite line and the illuminated reticle is perfect with 11 brightness settings.
The scope is a bit long at 14" but medium weight at 28 oz.
Got it for western long range hunting.

Eric B.

Excellent suggestion Litehiker. Any of the Bushnell Elites would definitely fill the bill.
Bushnel Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 mil/mil, G3 illuminated reticle
(For my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro)

This scope from Optics Planet and around $980. as I remember. Very good glass being that fhis is their Elite line and the illuminated reticle is perfect with 11 brightness settings.
The scope is a bit long at 14" but medium weight at 28 oz.
Got it for western long range hunting.

Eric B.

American assembled is worth the premium price. Even if the parts are sourced internationally they're assembled and quality controlled by Americans, not chinese sweat shops. Europe and japan have a long history of making exceptional quality optical glass, I wouldn't knock a company for purchasing a premium product overseas.
How many chinese scope companies does the industry really need? When likely were dealing with a handful of factories branding and rebranding the same stuff for different labeling.
I got a chuckle on the bottom of the arken page when they say they support veterans, any surviving korea vets might have a funny take with sending money to the chicoms as support all the while propping up the largest threat to the world currently with chinese products.
I'll keep sending scope money to Idaho and oregon thanks.[/QUO
I know how you feel but these same companies spend your money there.
Maybe really look into Arken, it does not matter if you buy them or not atleast get informed.
Look at the reviews on Youtube.
It is your choice, enjoy your rifles, it is all good!

Yep Andrew, my best scope is a Japanese made Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 with a Horus H59 "Christmas tree" reticle for competition. It's "My Precious". ;o)

Eric B
P.S. I also have a very nice Bushnell hunting scope on my 6.5 PRC X-bolt Pro. It's the Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 with an illuminated G3 reticle (mil/mil, natch)

Last edited:
Yep Andrew, my best scope is a Japanese made Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 with a Horus H59 "Christmas tree" reticle for competition. It's "My Precious". ;o)

Eric B.
I will stack Arken against both of those choices, look up Arken watch reviews.
With EP not HD Glass, Precision Tracking Guarantee, Turrets like S&B, Zero Stop.
Actually usable Christmas tree Reticle, a better value for thew money spent with a lifetime transferable warranty.
I say Arken will edge both out!
Check Arken out for yourself, look up reviews, call them or email them.
I would not rule them out with out the proper information and speculations.
Arken will beat some very big name optics.
No matter what you do, enjoy your shooting.

Last edited:
I will stack Arken against both of those choices, look up Arken watch reviews.
With EP not HD Glass, Precision Tracking Guarantee, Turrets like S&B, Zero Stop.
Actually usable Christmas tree Reticle, a better value for thew money spent with a lifetime transferable warranty.
I say Arken will edge both out!
Check Arken out for yourself, look up reviews, call them or email them.
I would not rule them out with out the proper information and speculations.
Arken will beat some very big name optics.
No matter what you do, enjoy your shooting.

I went to Arken website, looked at the photos. The turrets look like painted on lines that will wear off. Seems about what you would expect for an inexpensive scope. I will look at them in Person if at SHOT.

Last edited:
srogerson, I looked at those Zeiss scopes in your link and liked what I saw - until I saw they were all second focal plane. If SFP is your thing they are a good deal.

Eric b.

srogerson, I looked at those Zeiss scopes in your link and liked what I saw - until I saw they were all second focal plane. If SFP is your thing they are a good deal.

Eric b.

Cool! Yeah, that wasn't my link, but I responded to it because I thought it was a great deal, too. Should be here, Tuesday.

SFP is all I've ever owned. Ignorance may indeed be bliss.

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.