Scope Advice

Arken Optics, my dealer number is 401.
The price is very competitive and the quality, tacking, repeatability, light gathering is fantastic.
You can pay a lot more, but why when everything one can get for $549.99 - $599.99. (introductory Level prices)
Glass is right up with high end big priced scopes.

Watch the YouTube videos on Arken, decide for yourself.
Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Hey there I've been lingering around here for a while but never actually answered questions or asked any. I need a new scope for either my 6.5 creedmoor or my 300 WM. I currently have a Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 and it's been good to me but it's time to get another optic. I have about $1300 to play with. I would like to stick to Milliradians since that's what all my other scopes are. I need something that tracks reliably out to and past 1000 yards. I would prefer something with a mil reticle since both guns are hunting guns and I don't always have a chance to dial the scope. What are you suggestions?
I have 3 SWFA scopes, a fixed 10x, a fixed 12x and a 3-15x. Every one of them tracks like it's on rails, and I've never had a single issue with any of them. I cannot say the same about my Vortex, which is the same model you have. The pricing is very favorable as well, and on your budget you could get the upgraded HD glass as well if you wished.

I can get a used Burris XTR II 4-20x50 for $650, or the Steiner P4XI 4-16x56 for $800. Which one would you get out of the two? Not saying it's what I'm going with I'm just trying to narrow down my selection.

Hey there I've been lingering around here for a while but never actually answered questions or asked any. I need a new scope for either my 6.5 creedmoor or my 300 WM. I currently have a Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 and it's been good to me but it's time to get another optic. I have about $1300 to play with. I would like to stick to Milliradians since that's what all my other scopes are. I need something that tracks reliably out to and past 1000 yards. I would prefer something with a mil reticle since both guns are hunting guns and I don't always have a chance to dial the scope. What are you suggestions?
riflescopes.html
SWAFA.COM
They are located in Texas. As good as or better than OP

Just throwing my two cents worth in. I'm sending back a Vortex Razor GenII because it won't come back to zero. If I had to do it all over again I would of bought Kahles or Night force. I'm like Mach 1, Pay once and cry and then enjoy.

Hope you do an illuminated MOA someday.
I have not seen illuminated offered as of yet.
If you go to my link you can get contact info.
Email or call Michael at Arken for the answer.
I do not work for them , just a dealer.
Thanks, Hope you will find them a great company to deal with.

Just throwing my two cents worth in. I'm sending back a Vortex Razor GenII because it won't come back to zero. If I had to do it all over again I would of bought Kahles or Night force. I'm like Mach 1, Pay once and cry and then enjoy.
Go to the link I provided, contact Arken for questions, watch reviews on You Tube.
You can pay a lot more but are you truly getting the best value for your hard earned dollar spent?
No matter which way you go, good shooting to you!

If you can show me an American made scop then I will eat my hat, they are all made with glass from Asia or Europe, unfortunately most will say "Made in America" but that is a slide of hand trick.
American assembled is worth the premium price. Even if the parts are sourced internationally they're assembled and quality controlled by Americans, not chinese sweat shops. Europe and japan have a long history of making exceptional quality optical glass, I wouldn't knock a company for purchasing a premium product overseas.
How many chinese scope companies does the industry really need? When likely were dealing with a handful of factories branding and rebranding the same stuff for different labeling.
I got a chuckle on the bottom of the arken page when they say they support veterans, any surviving korea vets might have a funny take with sending money to the chicoms as support all the while propping up the largest threat to the world currently with chinese products.
I'll keep sending scope money to Idaho and oregon thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.