Scope Advice

DPMShunter

Hey there I've been lingering around here for a while but never actually answered questions or asked any. I need a new scope for either my 6.5 creedmoor or my 300 WM. I currently have a Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 and it's been good to me but it's time to get another optic. I have about $1300 to play with. I would like to stick to Milliradians since that's what all my other scopes are. I need something that tracks reliably out to and past 1000 yards. I would prefer something with a mil reticle since both guns are hunting guns and I don't always have a chance to dial the scope. What are you suggestions?

Hey there I've been lingering around here for a while but never actually answered questions or asked any. I need a new scope for either my 6.5 creedmoor or my 300 WM. I currently have a Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 and it's been good to me but it's time to get another optic. I have about $1300 to play with. I would like to stick to Milliradians since that's what all my other scopes are. I need something that tracks reliably out to and past 1000 yards. I would prefer something with a mil reticle since both guns are hunting guns and I don't always have a chance to dial the scope. What are you suggestions?

Opticsplanet is having a moderate sale right meow. This one caught my eye happens to be in your budget.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/steiner-4-16x56-p4xi-tactical-riflescope.html

All Nightforce NXS scopes are on sale for Black Friday weekend at 15% off. It would be our pleasure to discuss scopes with you if you have a few minutes to give a call, 516-217-1000
Doug

Does anyone have experience with the Burris XTR II? How's the low light visibility? The light transmission is the only thing I have to complain about on my Vortex.

I do it's a good scope. I think they are nicer than Vortex PSTs. Very heavy though. But I do not mind. Glass is nice. It's outer edges get fuzzy at 25x. Clicks are loud, tactile, and it's holds zero. My buddy had one break during a comp. he cranked on the turret with the zero stop set or something along those lines. Burris replaced the turrets and guts for free and sent the scope back. Even paid for shipping....

Now with all that said...SWFA HD 5-25. Get that.

I'd look for a good used Nightforce nxs scope. If your looking for the most reliable tracking you can get Id buy a khales but used they are running 1,900 minimum. I'd buy once and cry once and get a scope you'll have forever.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts