Scope advice - Sako M995 7mm STW

smithj99

Looking to mount a scope on Sako M995 7mm STW. Tonight finally had some free time, and I was about to mount my Trijicon 4-16x50 AccuPoint using Sako bases and rings. Trouble is - the 30mm scope tube is too short on that rifle, and the scope won't fit. The scope tube is too darned short.

Anyone have a similar rifle/setup and suggestions for scope to use on said rifle? Or other scope mount that would work? Would like something with higher power/zoom, 30mm tube, 50mm objective.

Look forward to your responses.

I have the same model in .300 WM and they are awesome. Regardless if you use the Trijicon or end up getting another scope, I would consider a 20 MOA rail. Good luck.

Thank you for the response!

Do you have a base that you'd recommend?

I used a leupy 4-14 vx 3 on the dovetail and it was long enough. However, I wouldn't recommend that scope. Go with the 20 MOA mount. That is what is on my TRG-S now. One of the versions has a recoil lug on the underside. That would be my recommendation.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.