Scary incident at the range

This is just one of many links showing it happens.

And you are right @Coyote Shadow Tracker , it's scary it can happen. People that have both (.223/5.56 & .300BLK) have to be very cautious.
From watching the video, it's pretty clear this is what happened to OP. Every symptom exactly the same.

I'd like to see the head stamp wiped clean and a close up pic of it…
It is my understanding that most 300 blk is made from 556 brass cut down (reloaded) unless factory load! Now there should be a look at the manufacture of the round in ? to see if they possibly could have mixed one in the box??

It is my understanding that most 300 blk is made from 556 brass cut down (reloaded) unless factory load! Now there should be a look at the manufacture of the round in ? to see if they possibly could have mixed one in the box??
Ok post 36

I think what happens is the bolt drives the bullet into the case, (compressed load), and if it still dont chamber a quick hit on the assist closes the bolt enough to fire. Lucky the bolt didn't blow out the back and embed into the shooters cranial cavity! And Yes, that has happened

That bullet is a mistake, obviously. I cannot imagine the safeguards that had to fail to allow that bullet to be loaded and sold. Share the ammo manufacturer and type with us please, so we can check what we have.
Everyone should use caution when loading magazines with "store bought" ammo. I've seen where ammo was erroneously replaced in the wrong box by a shopper comparing two calibers. Pulls one round from each box, fondles them, "accidently" replaces into switched boxes.