Hit the range today

tfosters01

:)Been working on a recipie for my .308 for long range and varmint shooting. I think this might be it! DPMS 24" bull barrel, fluted upper with Miculek comp.

Attachments

• 126_2601.jpg
    126_2601.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Looks like a great start! Congratulations:)

I'd be interested to hear/see the groups at 300 or 400 with same load if you plan on testing that?

Our range is set up to go to 200 yards. I will have to do a bit of research to find a place to shoot at the longer distances. I'm sure shooting at those distances will be a challange and a long learning curve. I can see my cross hairs moving with my heart beat at 100 yards. Longer shots will be tough but fun!
BTW, Nice buck!

Last edited:
Those are some impressive groupings that you have there.

If you are basically putting one inside one another at 100yds, you will have some very good groups at 200, 300, and 400 yds. The gun is capable of doing it, it all falls back the the shooter. With a little practice you can condition yourself to be able to shoot at these distances.

Good Luck

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.