• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scammer Alert Name is Willsongrips

I don't think that's entirely true. I always leave my email address as an alternate form of communication and I have never scammed anybody. I know lots of people who use their email as an alternate form. You either:
A) Need to know who your dealing with
Or
B) Vet them before you do business with them.
Making a blanket statement that if somebody uses their email to communicate means their immediately a scammer isn't entirely correct.

Being LE, I have to deal with this type of fraud a lot. a few examples of the most common are:

1) when people want you to send money via Western Union to a different name
2) The person your dealing with wants to send you a check or some other form of payment for more than what was agreed upon and asks you to send the difference back in cash.
3) The person your dealing with gives you a sob story of being in the military and having to deploy immediately and that's the reason for the quick sale but instead of sending the money to them, send it to a girlfriend/mother/sister in another state.
4) Asking you to buy and pay in gift cards
5) If it's a local face to face, asking to meet at an odd time at a shady location. (Always meet at a well lit, high foot traffic location where you are easily seen, like a parking lot in the middle of town. Grocery store, department store, etc.)

a good rule to follow, if you get that warm fuzzy feeling something isn't right, or it's too good to be true, listen to your gut, it's 99.9% probably too good to be true.

Hope this helps

Shoot. I often go through email, text or phone call. How will I know I've been scammed if I receive payment before shipping?

On a side note, I just traded with a fine member of this site. Everything went perfectly. How could I protect myself better in a trade?....or at all for that matter?

3) The person your dealing with gives you a sob story of being in the military and having to deploy immediately and that's the reason for the quick sale but instead of sending the money to them, send it to a girlfriend/mother/sister in another state.
4) Asking you to buy and pay in gift cards
5) If it's a local face to face, asking to meet at an odd time at a shady location. (Always meet at a well lit, high foot traffic location where you are easily seen, like a parking lot in the middle of town. Grocery store, department store, etc.)

3) Totally true....excessive chit chat is a sign of something shady....totally pegs my bs radar.

4) Tell me more. I don't see the con immediately, but would tend to link it to #3.

5) Straight truth there. I have my places to meet. When they need something special and off the beaten path, I usually suggest a police station instead. I think I got hung up on once suggesting that!