Savage ultralight 110

i thought I had ready from earlier ultralite posts is that the guns come in heavy and if you remove the bolt you get right at their advertised weight.
Looks like your right. 5lb 6oz with no bolt and 6lb 2oz with bolt

Attachments

• 20201215_194158.jpg
    20201215_194158.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
The 110's I've been associated were accurate and dependable, I felt very comfortable with one on a hunt. That being said really light rifles bring more of the idiosyncrasies of the shooter into play. Some people don't shoot a light rifle as good as its 1 or 2 pound heavier counterpart.
Yup. I don't have steady hands naturally so I've come to hate lightweights but that's just me, I see why many like them. I don't mind lugging a heavy rig around all day (current 300 win setup is around 13 pounds, and I shoot it very well). But I'm 29, and people do keep telling me that in a few decades I'll start resenting that weight a lot more and I believe them because they're mostly guys multiple decades older than me shooting much lighter rifles (and striking out less than I do too...something about experience being useful...)

So what is your end goal for the weight for your set-up when scoped per above? Under 8 lbs? That is what matters, but that's just me.
I don't have a end goal for weight. My end goal is to make it a consistent 1/2 moa gun.

I just made mention of the weight being over so guys that may be wanting one solely on weight know they may come in heavy. The weight was a perk to me but not the determining factor.

That being said im going to be well under 8lb full loaded which will be nice.

My guess is, take out the empty magazine and remove the thread protector and you'll be down the 1/4lb that takes it over the advertised weight. Don't need either of those to shoot the rifle.

I don't have a end goal for weight. My end goal is to make it a consistent 1/2 moa gun.

I just made mention of the weight being over so guys that may be wanting one solely on weight know they may come in heavy. The weight was a perk to me but not the determining factor.

That being said im going to be well under 8lb full loaded which will be nice.
Copy that! It seems like plenty of effort was exerted on the approximate weight advertised. :) I have a Kimber 84L Hunter in .30-06 (re-chambered to .30 Gibbs) that is advertised with an approximate weight of 5 lbs 11 oz. I weighed it with bolt and empty mag, and it is under 6 lbs, good enough for me. Anyway, I ended up with an under 8-pounder, as seen below ...

.30 GIBBS weight.jpg

.30 Gibbs scoped 1 of .jpg

Good luck! I am she's going to be a shooter. Looking forward to some range reports and, of course, wild game harvests.

Ed

Copy that! It seems like plenty of effort was exerted on the approximate weight advertised. :) I have a Kimber 84L Hunter in .30-06 that is advertised with an approximate weight of 5 lbs 11 oz. I weighed it with bolt and empty mag, and it is under 6 lbs, good enough for me. Anyway, I ended up with an under 8-pounder, as seen below ...

View attachment 233407
View attachment 233408

Good luck! I am she's going to be a shooter. Looking forward to some range reports and, of course, wild game harvests.

Ed
That's a great weight for a lightweight hunting rifle. I'd be lucky to get my 25-284 to come within a pound of that. I'm hoping for under 9.