Savage ultralight 110

Here's my confusion on weight, some are short action and some are long action, should be 6-8oz difference between them some have 22" bbl and some have 24", that should be a little different as well. They always give weight with an empty mag so that shouldn't come into play. They still can't all weigh the same, my guess would be the short actions with a 22" barrel will be the lightest.

According to the 2020 catalog they are listed as 5.8 - 5.85 - 6lb's the short barrel short actions are the lightest. The difference between 5.8 and 6 would be 8oz or short action to long. The 1/2oz would be the difference between 22 and 24inches?

According to the 2020 catalog they are listed as 5.8 - 5.85 - 6lb's the short barrel short actions are the lightest. The difference between 5.8 and 6 would be 8oz or short action to long. The 1/2oz would be the difference between 22 and 24inches?
Half ounce for a 2" steel barrel wrapped in carbon seems awfully light. I think that 5.8 means just that 5.8lbs. 5lbs 8oz would be 5.5lbs. I think the 2" barrel and long action would add 8 ounces to the package. Either way, super light. I heard someone say the stocks are very light also. My components for my newest build are heavier. Action is 1lb 14oz. Barrel is 3.85lbs. Stock is 2.2lbs bedded. That's around 8lbs without optics. Carbon wrapped barrel at 24". Savage definitely put together an ultralight rifle. I'd replace the stock regardless and it would add another pound to the weight

Here's my confusion on weight, some are short action and some are long action, should be 6-8oz difference between them some have 22" bbl and some have 24", that should be a little different as well. They always give weight with an empty mag so that shouldn't come into play. They still can't all weigh the same, my guess would be the short actions with a 22" barrel will be the lightest.
Mine is short action/22in barrel. Weighs 6.1 with empty mag. Still like though and would have bought it at 6.1 as well

Mine is short action/22in barrel. Weighs 6.1 with empty mag. Still like though and would have bought it at 6.1 as well
That's smokin light. Wonder how the 300WSM, 28 Nosler and 280AI kick ? Being light as they are, I'm guessing they have fairly good snap to them. I'm not a big brake guy but to get the best accuracy it may be necessary

That's smokin light. Wonder how the 300WSM, 28 Nosler and 280AI kick ? Being light as they are, I'm guessing they have fairly good snap to them. I'm not a big brake guy but to get the best accuracy it may be necessary
I agree. A good break would probably come in handy

on the 280AI I actually put a brake on it for load workup, it was a bit snappier than i expected when i moved up to the 162 - 168's, wasn't terrible but with the super soft recoil pad it made it tough to hold consistently trying to squeeze out the best groups, I did take it off for hunting season and plan to leave it off for hunting as my ears need all the help they can get

on the 280AI I actually put a brake on it for load workup, it was a bit snappier than i expected when i moved up to the 162 - 168's, wasn't terrible but with the super soft recoil pad it made it tough to hold consistently trying to squeeze out the best groups, I did take it off for hunting season and plan to leave it off for hunting as my ears need all the help they can get
Yep I expect it would be snappy from lack of weight. I don't own a .280 but I do shoot and own .284s. Pleasant to shoot in a heavier package with even the 180s but controllability would be the issue if too light. Without a brake, I'd imagine the 6.5 or 308 would be the smallest cartridge to control fairly easy being a 6 lb rifle for the best accuracy

i thought I had ready from earlier ultralite posts is that the guns come in heavy and if you remove the bolt you get right at their advertised weight.