savage trophy xp rebuild help

The original gun=$450 minus $75 for rebate so now I'm down to$375, I don't have that yet.
I sold my original 3X9 scope with rings and mounts for $85.
I also sold my factory barrel nut,recoil lug and barrel for $140
I sold the old stock for $10

New gun down to $140=basically just the action

Addendums:
Shilen Savage drop-in barrel Super Select match grade=$340
Upgraded barrel nut and recoil lug=$60
Bottom Metal $80
HS precision stock=$340 or so
Scope vortex HD 4-16X44=$350=used
Muzzle brake =$35 harrels. I installed it myself.
Tactical bolt from Glades armory=$55
Picitany rail and mounts=$95ish
I'm going to glass bed it so maybe add $35 for parts
Cerakote=$250 if i do it. I'll leave that to the pro's.

So right now I am at $1495 (excluding glass bed and cerakote) for a gun that will shoot <.5" at 200yds when I develop a load.

I'm not B.S.ing I've done it with a 308, two 22-250's and an old 338 RUM well under 2K dollars each.
There are rifles that people try to sell for over 4k without a scope on this website

I hope this helps. Let me know what your thinking?

Ok, so here is where I am at: I purchased the rifle and have removed the stock, barrel, scope. All of the above is up for sale. I ordered a criterion barrel from Jim at northland shooters supply. The barrel will not be in until late January. I am getting ready to order my stock tomorrow or Monday. When it comes in I am going to assess the bottom metal and trigger guard situation. I have a vortex viper pst 6.5-24x50 in my safe and some bedding compound on my workbench. Jim at Northland told me he was not sure he had the DBM, surround, or trigger guard I need. Hopefully I can source the parts I need from either Savage or something. Did the packaging for your parts have part numbers on them?

No it didn't have any part numbers, so heres what i did i just started plugging in serial numbers on Savage part finder. I found a 7mm rem and just ordered the part numbers that way because they are all the same. Well that's what I was going to do but Jim had all the parts in stock. i'll see what i can find I thought i wrote a serial number that would work for me. Give me a few days as it'll take time and I'm off of work for hunting all this week.

https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder
then type in the serial number H215562 this is for a 7mm everything is identical. this all Stainless steel. I couldn't find carbon steel.

MAG BOTTOM LONG SS (DBM) - PN: 106100 youll have to replace the black plastic one that has a clip on it.
FRAME ASSY, LONG SS NBR (DBM) - PN: 107324
TRIGGER GUARD SS RI - PN: 105897
R. ACT SCR SS 5/32 HEX - PN: 102993

These are some basics you'll have to figure the rest out because there is little washers and pins that i'm not going to transfer over but it'll get you going in the right direction

Ok, I just followed your directions and it pulled right up. What a life saver you are man. I am glad you knew about all the parts being the same. When I tried my serial number nothing came up and I was not looking forward to taking vacation just to talk to someone on the phone and weedle my way thru this thing. I just got done ordering two sets of everything we need as I am building two at the same time (my buddy is basically giving me the cash for his build). Do me a favor buddy and PM me your mailing address so I can send you something when I get done with this build. You have saved me a ton of time on this thing and I really appreciate it. Now it will be bases, rigs, level, and loading. I am looking forward to it all man. Hopefully your knowledge will help others who are doing this build also.

Good Luck, just send/post pics. when done that's all the thanks i need considering all the help that this website and other websites have helped me with. I also want to see how your accuracy is when your done.

Well all my parts are ordered. Except the stock I'm not sure if stocky's knows what one I need they are thinking Hs pst129 is the one I need but I'm not so sure that's right. Anyone have a part number of the one they used. I'm thinking about getting a Stockade if I can't get this HS precision one figured out.

Just remember you'll need a different trigger guard screw. Button head cap screw 1/2" Long. I don't remember the threads, i guess you can do a google search.

Definitely post pix.

STATUS UPDATE:
Boyds thumbhole stock is in, DBM, and bottom metal installed with action to check fit (Trigger guard is pretty tight, might have to massage that a little bit). All of my reloading supplies are waiting on my bench. Vortex scope purchased, barrel from Jim at Northland helped me with my barrel which I ordered Nov 9. All I have left is to purchase the scope mount, rings, install barrel, and have it bedded. Then the fun will begin. I hate waiting but love it at the same time.

My son popped a black tail deer at 671yds with my 6.5 x284 N if I new how to post pix I would. One shot didn't move 15 yards. It's a great rifle.

Joe what barrel contour did you go with?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.