Savage replacement stocks

BEEMAN

I've never done a build off a savage, but just bought a 110 LA. What are the most popular aftermarket stocks for the savage? I see Manners only inlets for short action. Would like to keep the weight down but also don't want to spend $7-1000 on a stock for this gun.

Stockade Stocks in Nebraska, Kevin Rayhill would be one to talk with. Carbon composite with built in bedding block, pillars, and recoil lug support, various styles and different paint/color options. Using three of his creations now, about $350-400 if memory serves. I do hear he has a pretty good wait period now, guess I found him when he wasn't as popular. The coating he puts on them is amazing years of hunting and shooting without wear or scratches. Probably on the net, I looked and no mention of a left hand stock, you'd have to call and ask if he does one..Dave

Last edited:
I have a couple of McMillans and they are worth the wait. They are expensive but worth the wait. If you want a wood stock Boyds arent bad at all.

Thanks. I like the price of the Boyd's. also if the stock is under $500 they'll ship to Canada which is a bonus. I'll look into the Stockade stocks.

I should mention that I am left handed. So my stock search is even further limited when using a Savage. I love Savage actions cause they are easy to fool with but I have started doing Remage builds due to the stock availability.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.