Savage Barrel Replacement

sendero72

I have a Savage Model 11 243 and I would like to replace the 22" pencil barrel with a heavier 26" barrel. Who are some of the best barrel makers with the pre-chambered screw on barrels?
Thanks!

One of our Sponsors "SIN Arms" makes prefit Savage barrels as well. I'm awaiting a quote from him right now. I've also heard good things about the Criterion but have never shot one.

Give Jim Briggs a call from Northland shooters suupply , They have the prefit barrel you need most likely in stock ready for shipping.

Contact Information for Northland Shooters Supply:
E-mail: [email protected] (that is Q.com not G.com)
Phone: (763) 682-4296
Fax: (763) 682-6098
Mailing address:
P.O. Box 333
Buffalo, MN 55313

He spends alot of time on the phone so just keep trying till you get through!
They have an inventory list on savage shooters but i cant post the link yet.

Fred at 4D reamers carries CBI (critereon) and McGowen.
Jimm Briggs carries CBI, McGowen, and Shilen.
Sharp Shooters Supply carries Brux and Douglas.
Sin arms carries Lothar Walter, and I believe McGowen and Bartlien.
I have used CBI, McGowen, Brux, Shilen, Lilja, Benchmark, and Rock Creek. Out of those I found Shilen to be the worst. Jim usually keeps a good selection of CBIs in stock. Fred at 4D has the best reamer selection and will also chamber any barrel make of your choice for a decent price. I recommend staying away from Shilen, Adams and Bennet, Green Mountain, ER Shaw, etc. They are typically hit and miss, every now and then you will get one that's a shooter but usually not the case.

+1 on the criterion, I have one on a 116 in 300 win mag and it shoots lights out, also have another one on order from criterion that is gonna be a 6.5WSM it should be here in the next few weeks and I can't wait. They are a GREAT barrel for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.