Savage Intermediate action questions

I'm not attached to the action I'm just cheap and I had this old .308 that didn't shoot laying around so I bought a take-off barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor and went with it. I normally single feed when I'm shooting steel or rocks but I was hoping my wife would hunt with it this fall. So feeding reliably is a must. I should have the smith fix the feeding issue if he can and off load it and buy something different. She will love that. Me buying another gun.

I'm not attached to the action I'm just cheap and I had this old .308 that didn't shoot laying around so I bought a take-off barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor and went with it. I normally single feed when I'm shooting steel or rocks but I was hoping my wife would hunt with it this fall. So feeding reliably is a must. I should have the smith fix the feeding issue if he can and off load it and buy something different. She will love that. Me buying another gun.
I get that!

Have a semi custom 280ai Savage action. Won't feed for from blind box well at all to the point I only use it to fire form cases for my other rifles. This is unfortunate because it shoots good. Long action, top bolt release. I will take advice gladly too.

Have a semi custom 280ai Savage action. Won't feed for from blind box well at all to the point I only use it to fire form cases for my other rifles. This is unfortunate because it shoots good. Long action, top bolt release. I will take advice gladly too.
What did the rifle, start out as, more specs?

You should get "brownie points" because this time you are buying the gun FOR HER. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't understand that.

You should get "brownie points" because this time you are buying the gun FOR HER. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't understand that.

You would think. She don't care though and she knows the truth, I will for sure shoot the barrel out. Maybe before she ever even shoots it. I had it put together last fall and she has yet to shoot it. The only time she goes shooting with me is on my birthday when she "just has" to do something with me. I love her to death but I kinda enjoy going up in the woods by myself with no agenda and shooting guns. Or taking the 2 boys shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.