Savage Intermediate action questions

Sevy

So my 6.5 Creedmoor is built on savage intermediate action and I would like to get a dbm setup on it. I'm having trouble feeding rounds from the blind mag and I'm looking for something different. I have tried tweaking the feed lips and it still just won't feed right. I would also like to get a different trigger but I'm not sure what's out there for this action. I have looked at the rifle basix sav-1 and I'm not sure if it's compatible. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

It's an old Stevens 110 e that was a .308 win when I got it. The action screw spacing is 4.522 inches and is a flat back. From what I can find it was manufactured between 1982 and 1989. Would serial number help?

An oldie, before the model 10/11/12. When there was an extended bolt stop installed, to shorten the bolt and dependent on which, short cartridge, a magazine spacer too.

1589930715677.png

I don't know about the bolt stop but I haven't seen a magazine spacer. Depending on how the bolt stop is configure, and I haven't looked yet. I am hoping for a future Sherman max build off of it. So a little longer mag would be good too. The max coal currently is about 2.8".

All Long Actions = 5.062" (1958 to present, staggered and center-feed magazines)
1st. Gen Short Actions = 4.522" (1959 to 1987, staggered feed magazine)
2nd Gen Short Actions = 4.275" (1998 to 2007, staggered feed magazine)
3rd Gen Short Actions = 4.400" (2005 and up, center-feed magazine, not in photo)
3rd Gen Palma/Dual-Port = 3.440" (2009 and up, single-shot only)
Axis/Edge = 4.800" (2008-present; spacing same for long or short action cartridges)

The screw spacing is definitely different than a long action. I tried a short and a long stock before a started researching. I ended up modifying a short action stock to work. Jasonco nailed it with the picture above. It's the center one.

The Rifle Basix triggers will work. As far as bottom metal, that might be a custom piece?

So either the sav-1 or the sav-2 will work? Are they a direct bolt on deal or are there some modifications that need to be made?

I'm a Savage!

Unless you're really attached to that older action, you should get a current Model 10 FV, to build off of?! Way more options on the current short (actually mid-length) Savage's ie: stocks, chassis, triggers, bottom metal.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.