Savage Arms Customer Service

FEENIX

I had a Savage LA that started with a light strike primer strike that eventually got stuck. When I disassembled it, the pin was bent.
Savage 110 LA Accutrigger 7MM RM 1 of 3.jpg

Because I could not get measurement information, I took the risk of ordering a couple of firing pin assemblies, hoping they might work. Unfortunately, they did not.
Savage 110 LA Accutrigger 7MM RM 2 of 3.jpg

So, I ordered the parts directly from Savage. Compared to the past (and it has been a while), I got through fairly quickly. The gentleman who helped me was very prompt and courteous throughout the transaction. Excellent customer service; however, Savage Arms' new policy is not user-friendly. Firing pins are now on the list that need the transaction to go through the FFL. When I told my FFL, he was ****ed and said I should not have to go through the BS. The good thing is he did not charge me for the transaction. I ended up ordering two, and it came in yesterday ...
Savage 110 LA Accutrigger 7MM RM 3 of 3.jpg

I'm just sharing in case someone runs into a similar issue. Cheers!

ADDED:
IMG_1508.jpg
I am up and running now. I bet the old, weak, short spring was possibly the root cause.

Ed

Last edited:
I had a Savage LA that started with a light strike that ended up getting stuck. When I disassembled it, the pin was bent.
View attachment 572690
Because I could not get measurement information, I took the risk of ordering a couple of firing pin assemblies, hoping they might work. Unfortunately, they did not.
View attachment 572691
So, I ordered the parts directly from Savage. Compared to the past (and it has been a while), I got through fairly quickly. The gentleman who helped me was very prompt and courteous throughout the transaction. Excellent customer service; however, Savage Arms' new policy is not user-friendly. Firing pins are now on the list that need the transaction to go through the FFL. When I told my FFL, he was ****ed and said I should not have to go through the BS. The good thing is he did not charge me for the transaction. I ended up ordering two, and it came in yesterday ...
View attachment 572692

Just sharing, in case someone ran into a similar issue. Cheers!

Ed
That's ridiculous to have to go through an FFL for a firing pin!

Plenty of aftermarket stuff out there. And the way they threw whatever they had in inventory in new rifles you never knew what was being used. Nothing prior to 95 now. Sounds like Remington.