Savage 110E Build??

scdogman

Looking to start my 1st build. I have located a savage 110e in a 270. Any problems changing this to a 7mm rem mag. I plan to change the stock, trigger and add a Shilen barrel.

Any problems doing this with the 110E in the 270?

at the bare minimum you'll need a new bolt head for the magnum cartridge. most likely you'll need the bolt head, mag assy because of the larger case, maybe a new baffle and firing pin . I may be missing something but it's still a pretty easy swap. call up Jim at northland shooters supply and he'll tell you everything you need and why.

Or you could build on the standard bolt head with 280, 280ai, 284, 284 shehane, 280 sherman....

good point, i was where you are about 2 years ago. bagged the 7mm Mag idea and built up a 284 winchester. no additional mods necessary other than a new barrel. the gun just shoots, its great. lower recoil great ballistics and easy to find bullets for. you may want to stick with a standard sized cartridge instead of the mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts