Savage 110 in .308, mount for 56mm OBJ

erik13

I recently purchased a savage 110 in .308. I have a scope with a 56mm objective I'm looking to mount on it, anyone have any recommendations for rail/ring setup, or know the height that I would need? I'm very new to the scope and bolt action world.

Thanks,
Erik

I have a couple I'll get back to you later today. Another way is stack a bunch of coins and mix and match until you get the clearance you want. Then measure the stack. Savage uses EGW rails on their factory set ups.

Stack those pennies, but you would want a rail mounted 1st. Watch the screw size on the Savages, #6 or #8s for mounting the rail to the receiver. Some rails will come with both. Once you have that stack up the pennies to get the clearance from the barrel you are after. Depending on the rail and your scope, you might need to go higher so that the scope tube (as it grows from tube to objective) clears the front of the rail based on where you fit the scope front/back for you liking.

Here is an chart from American Rifle Company

Attachments

• IMG_2326.jpeg
    IMG_2326.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 14
I'll advise to you what i would to anyone, and personally use myself.

EGW one piece rail combined with their Keystone line of rings.

EGW's rails are kind of tall. But it allows you to use low rings.
The rings are good quality!
I gave up on trying to lap them. 95% +/- contact consistently with the 5 sets I've bought.

I'm running a Sightron SIII 10-50X60 on my wife's Savage 110FP in 223 Rem with no clearance issues.

Buy EGW rail and rings at the same time and save 10%.
And made in Pennsylvania.

www.egwguns.com

Some questions you'll have to answer. How old is this rifle? What model? And is the action rounded or flat on top? Does it have Accutrigger?

Look at this link to determine what action you have: