Savage 110 C action

Dave Schenck

Please help me get an opinion on the Savage 110C action. It is little known in Africa. I have an interesting rifle built in 1974 on a savage 110C action with an Anschutz barrel - built by Anschutz. The barrel is possibly finished and before i rebarrel it I want to either market it as a collectors piece or found out more about keeping the action and building a new rifle.

Dave, if I were you I'd go to Savage Shooter.com . Someone in there forum section will be able to answer your question.

It is a very safe and strong action that is mass produced in the US and very common in North America. IMO those barrels are not up to todays standards, at least everything I've heard about them as well as the one I changed out last week. They can be rebarreled with a full custom barrel ready to install I believe easily obtained and exported through here in Canada. No gunsmith needed, these require a barrel nut wrench and a method to hold the barrel [easier] or action, a headspace gauge and some basic skill and common sense. If you do your own work its a good way to go.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.