Savage 110-116 Centerfeed Stocks

scdogman

Looking for stock options. Originally planned on the Bell Carlson M40 when I was using a staggerfeed action. This stock is not available in centerfeed.

Has anyone used Boyd's pro varmint with the accurate mag bottom metal?

Other than choate and hogue, are there any other bedded stocks under $300 for a centerfeed 110? Choate is 4 pounds.

Under $300 was stated above. I might do a Mcmillan or manners later, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything other than boyds and choate.

Range shooting prone 800 yards to a mile for fun(28 nosler build). Elk hunt 2018. Wanted to stay around 3 pounds.

Sorry. Completely missed the 300. Are you planning on using accurate bottom metal?

With a Boyd's I would, but not tied to using one. Just looks for options.

Looking for experiences with the Boyd's and accurate magazine too.

Thanks.

Geargrinder is right. The ones I have seen would need some of the stock removed at the back of the magazine as well. If you want to use factory DBM you could get a B&C medalist. Not a lot of options.

Stockade makes great Savage stocks. If you got a money saver it would meet your budget. I'm not sure what it takes to convert it to DBM.

Thanks. I forgot about them. Weight is a big concern so it knocks out the prairie dog stock, but I will give them a call. I see one that might work.

The Boyd's are pretty decent for the $. I just put a varmint thumbhole on my 110 blind center feed. You'll want to put some pillars in it and bed it. Everything was pretty roomy, the devcon took care of that. I made the pillars out of some titanium rounds I had so just had to purchase the devcon. I was under 200 for everything.

I have a Boyds pro varmint for my savage 111 with PTG bottom metal and accurate mag magazine. It works great. I got the adjustable cheek piece and inlet for factory bottom metal and the ptg nearly fit perfectly. It was pretty tight and just needed a little sanding. I'd say go for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.