Sako Finnlite 22-250

jehu

I just set up a new Finnlite 22-250 with a Swaro PH 4-16X50 for chucks. Does the short barrel 20 1/2" lose anything as opposed to the 24" barrels in terms of velocity or accuracy at 300yrds. + ?

If I am not mistaken the Finnlite in 22-250 has a 22 7/16 inch barrel. The USA web site lists it that way but the European does not.

Should be a great gun, Congratulations!

I would be interested to hear if you are going to reload and if so what powder and what bullet.

The short barrel will hurt velocity. My 22-250 has a 28" Shilen. I chronoed a load yesterday with the Hornady 60 grain V-Max and the Superformance powder. I will not even post the velocity because my hunting friends think I am lying. My cousin was with me so I had a witness. This rifle smokes 220 Swifts with the long barrel. You still have a great gun there and accuracy should be fine. A coyote will not get up and tell you that you need more speed. Some fur loads work better at reduced velocities. PM me if you would like load info for that caliber. I have shot them for years.
Good luck, Kirk

Thanks guys. I killed my first GH with it yesterday. Not a long shot, about 100yds with the Hornady 55gr Vmax. I don't reload and this load grouped very well. I was lucky to find a Chuck out but the weather has been so warm they are still trying to fatten up before nap time.

Did you ever actually measure the barrel? It is coming up as 22 7/16 in the USA or is this a re-barrel?

By the way, great news on the woodchuck.

The barrels on the short actions, as the 22-250 is, are 20 1/4 inches and the Medium actions like a 270win. are 22 7/16. thanks

Are you sure. I have an email from Beretta that says differently. The USA web site even shows it as 22 7/16.

That is going to be a very good rifle, certainly on my wish list.

Have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.