Saguaro actions

James Mock

Although this action is not designed for long range big game, it is for short range BR. It also would make a fine varmint rifle. The action is similar to the popular Kelbly Panda but has 1.0625 inches removed from the middle to make a nice short aluminum/steel insert-type action. I am in the process of testing it for Precision Shooting Magazine and have had excellent accuracy from it. The rifle I have was put together by Gary Ocock and features a 13.5 twist Krieger barrel chambered for the 6mm PPC. Attached is a picture of this fine looking (and shooting) rifle. James Mock
9gx0e0.jpg

The action is very much like a Panda with a steel insert in the locking lug area and another where the bolt handle hits the action body (cam area). It is 1.0625 inches shorter than the Panda. James

Although "Isaac" has the rain pouring down as I type this, I have had a chance to shoot the Saguaro some more. Here is my friend, Richard Milton, giving it a try. It has been very accurate with a variety of loads. James

25a27vk.jpg

This rifle is amazingly accurate. Gary Ocock did a superb job barreling and bedding this fine action. Here is picture of the latest group that I shot. James
2qwz990.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.