SAD NEWS, ANOTHER ANTI GUN CHALLENGE

UPS stores won't ship guns either, the heck with them. My Postmaster at my one horse town PO tells me "it's illegal to ship firearms through the mail", I like the guy but he's a tool!

I'm fully aware of that. I was at the main hub for Phoenix. I've shipped ammo and rifles numerous times and this is the store you need to use. 8 shipped ammo last week from the same store but was told it changed yesterday. I called my UPS account representative for my business and she said she's not aware of any new shipping changes. The more we think about it it appears to be a rogue manager. Tomorrow I'm going in to take pictures and get names to get to the bottom of it.

I was told the same thing at my local usps. I have to have an ffl to ship a rifle. I told them I don't, and insisted on it (nicely, of course). After the postmaster came out and got her book out and we went through it, I now ship all my rifles through usps.

I used to ship a lot. Had problems at all of them usps, ups, FedEx. Sometimes I printed out the rules to carry in my pocket. I used fedex ground most often based on price. Almost every time I went to FedEx I had to escalate on the counter person; seems like it was a different person almost every time. They would make up rules like must ship rifle overnight or the counter person needed to verify it wasn't loaded. I would politely tell them they were mistaken and ask them to call the customer service line. More than once I had to escalate to a supervisor on the support line. I would ask them to read me the rules and explain that a rifle wasn't a pistol, etc. One of the worst was a member of my local shooting club....had to educate him more than once. Can't fix stupid...

This is exactly why I have a FedEx account. Box everything up, weigh it, go to my account online, print out label (and there is a place to declare ORD-M), request a pickup at my house the next day, and put it out on the front porch the next morning. FedEx shows up, scans it, picks it up, and it's gone to be shipped. My credit card gets charged after it is delivered.

with the results in the GA senate race, UPS not shipping ammo or rifles will be the least of our worries.

I don't believe it, UPS makes a lot of money off the bigger FFLs. This is probably just a local choice since UPS has not changed their policy for FFLs yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.