Sad !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
25WSM
W,

"How's the rpm doing for ya?
Shep"

What a story..
What a question…. More than a couple years ago I decided to venture into amateur gunsmithing. I had an old Savage so I ordered a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and installed it. For headspace I used a piece of paper on the back of a factory case. Worked like a charm.

I couldn't get it to group as well as I thought it should so took it to the funsmith. Immediately he pointed out four problem areas. I dropped it off. He installed the barreled action into his stock and took it to the range. There he fired a 3/8" and then a 1/8" three shot group at 100 yards. Of course I offered to buy the stock. He wouldn't sell.

What could I do? I ordered a similar stock and gave it to him to install. He informed me it needed to be beded so I agreed. He asked for some bullets to check it out. After a couple years one of his customers wanted him to chamber a rifle in 6.5 RPM. He called and asked if I would be interested in him chambering mine. Since I knew it would be a year or more, based on his past, I told him "Yes" and took him four pounds of different powder and 600 bullets of different brands and weights.

So the long answer to your question is….I have no idea.

Four pounds of powder and 600 bullets you might need a new barrel when he gives it back to you. Dang the bad luck.
Shep

Yea. I don't take anything to him I want right away. I drove two and three quarter hours to North Bend from Grants Pass, Oregon for my Weatherby Mark V to be rebarreled because I can make an appointment for a morning. I can hang around and watch or go into town and look around. The guy loves Weatherby and hates Savage. His work is worth the drive.

Anybody with trouble falling asleep at night should put a copy of that video on their phone on the nightstand.....start it...close your eyes....listen...zzzzz...better than Sominex!😪

Status
Not open for further replies.