Sad but true ...

I don't know if he has the depth of forces to hold all of Ukraine. It seems like the Russian forces in the North and East have the task of fixing regular and irregular Ukrainian forces for the purpose of enabling the Russian land and sea elements to seize all the key terrain in the South, mainly Ukrainian Black Sea access. He does that and he land locks Ukraine. After he achieves that he could start negotiations with the west/NATO. Or maybe he goes all the way to the Dnieper river?

Read that article a couple days ago…..Here's a problem, though…😐

View attachment 347525
That's going to be a huge problem if they get captured. They may want to keep one extra round in their shirt pocket for that very reason

I hope I am VERY wrong, but I believe it is just a matter of time before we are drawn into this war. The bombing of nuclear power plants which will release radioactive contamination when reactors or spent fuel storage is breached will effect the entire planet. If that happens and Putin continues to target nuclear power plants than I believe NATO will have no choice to intervene…the beginning of WWIII.
Poland shipping MIGs to Ukraine may escalate things a bit. Any Russian ground commander worth his salt is going to be asking for higher level effects to prevent those MIGs from killing his guys and degrading his combat power. As near as I can tell for those higher level effects to work they will have to be executed in Poland. Thus committing NATO. Or maybe Putin has some effect up his sleeve. Hard to tell.

I don't think Putin is deliberately targeting the nuclear plants to destroy them and create another Chernobyl, I think he is trying to seize them because they are key infrastructure. But fog of war…

Poland shipping MIGs to Ukraine may escalate things a bit. Any Russian ground commander worth his salt is going to be asking for higher level effects to prevent those MIGs from killing his guys and degrading his combat power. As near as I can tell for those higher level effects to work they will have to be executed in Poland. Thus committing NATO. Or maybe Putin has some effect up his sleeve. Hard to tell.

I don't think Putin is deliberately targeting the nuclear plants to destroy them and create another Chernobyl, I think he is trying to seize them because they are key infrastructure. But fog of war…
if the russian military is as inept as they appear to be, i dont think they want any involvement of american troops or NATO in this war.

i'm with you on the targeting of nuclear plants. i think it boils down to the russian military not being able to hit what they're aiming at. it would be russian troops bathing in the radioactive fallout if that were to happen and that will take them out of the fight way faster than ukrainian bullets. but as we've seen, the russian troops seem to be treated as disposable pawns, not assets. putin is just throwing bodies at the ukranians. i almost feel bad for the russian troops. almost

A buddy just sent me this
BBD5A2C4-710E-49B8-B058-38384391BA61.jpeg

Kind of sums up the way the media is portraying this whole thing. Ukraine may not be as innocent and angelic as the media is saying. That's not to say Putin is either.

This could have been managed better back in November

if the russian military is as inept as they appear to be, i dont think they want any involvement of american troops or NATO in this war.

i'm with you on the targeting of nuclear plants. i think it boils down to the russian military not being able to hit what they're aiming at. it would be russian troops bathing in the radioactive fallout if that were to happen and that will take them out of the fight way faster than ukrainian bullets. but as we've seen, the russian troops seem to be treated as disposable pawns, not assets. putin is just throwing bodies at the ukranians. i almost feel bad for the russian troops. almost
No kidding right? Who puts a huge convoy like that on the open road? That is an FO's wet dream right there. What I can't figure out is why the Ukrainian ARTY BDEs have not capitalized on it. The Russians are already canalized so no need for engineers just look at the map, find some suitable PAAs move your ARTY into position and let it rip. I would have hoped that when the Ukrainian military did its MDMP and ID'd key high speed avenues of approach that the Russian's would have taken they would have identified that route and had some pre planned effects waiting on the Russian military.