Anti-gun policy - unbelievable!!!

ElwoodB

Sorry, didn't know where else to post this...

I just purchased two bottles of Coppermelt bore cleaner at www.GunBroker.com (see my thread in Equipment Review) and arranged payment via www.BidPay.com (former www.auctionpayments.com) money order just to immediately receive an email, that my order has been denied.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

WHY??? Because BidPay has an Anti-Gun Policy that does not even allow me to use their service to pay for 2 bottles of ordinary BORE CLEANER!!!

I cant believe it - how narrow-minded, stupid (unfortunately I lack the appropriate swear words in English/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and ignorant is this???

Whoever is responsible for this policy belongs in a zoo...

Sorry for the outburst but there are things that have to be said! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

That just goes to show you how far those anti gun anti hunters are willing to go to stop someone from doing something they dont believe in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Thats just letting us all know if we dont already support the NRA or similar foundation it will not be long before there will be no guns or hunting because some group of jerk offs dont think it,s ethical. OH by the way I'm a member of P.E.T.A. People for Eating of Tasty Animals! How you like that P.E.T.A.?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Sorry got a little carried away there!

[ QUOTE ]
(unfortunately I lack the appropriate swear words in English)

[/ QUOTE ]

You could try using [censored] and [censored] followed by [censored][censored]. Maybe throw in a few [censored] and top it of with a lung full of air and a loud [censored][censored] rotten [censored].

Hope that helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I recently had a company called Balzers turn down a several thousand dollarcontract with me, for them to coat custom rifles i build, they do coatings for the aerospace and auto industry etc, they wrote to me saying " Unfortunately, due to company philisophical and ethical reasons we must refuse to coat and mechanical part that is to be used in any way in a firearm"
well if they don't want my business, plents others do, took me 10 minutes to find some one else who is happy to do the work.. Vote with your feet guys, its time we hunters and shooters started asking questions about the anti gun policies of every company we deal with, work with or purchase from, be it tomatoes of cars.
Pete

That is the type of crap i have come expect from gunphobic Australian burocrats and tree huggin' hippies.
Why do people like that feel that it is there right to pass judgement on a sport that they know nothing about?...

[ QUOTE ]
OH by the way I'm a member of P.E.T.A. People for Eating of Tasty Animals! How you like that P.E.T.A.??

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one 7RUM - I shall have to remember that one!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Wombat, I heard things are even tougher down your end of the world, right?! But dont you worry - I am very confident that our European bureaucracy and tree-huggers will catch up in no time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Try www.paypal.com ... works for me for numerous gunbroker contracts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately the seller does not accept PayPal...

Besides, you must be lucky to have PayPal process your payments, according to their company policy, they dont like firearms: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside

Anyway, I did it via ebay now and it worked fine... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How much of this no gun policy is actualy anti gun, and how much ish scared of the lawyers, just imagine if some one went mad with a gun payed for using pay pal, the way the sue you sue me thing escalates in the states you'd soon have some moron trying to screw paypal.
I'm just looking at bieng able to accept credit cards, it costs a one of of about $170, and then $25 a month, and they also take 4% of the transaction. i wonder what the charges are in the USA. The EU isn't geared up for credit card use as much as the UK and USA are, for example i bought a fax yesterday in one of the biggest electrical equipment shops in Germany (Saturn) and did they take credit cards? No ..
any one any idea what it costs for a dealer to equip himself for crédit card acceptance in the USA and what the associated charges are?
Pete

gonehuntingagain,
Did'nt know that ebay are anti gun, i have bought a lot of fishing gear from ebay and sold many items(slap my arse!).I dont really want to boycott them because there are some great bargains. I seek forgiveness for my sins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ian

[ QUOTE ]
gonehuntingagain,
Did'nt know that ebay are anti gun, i have bought a lot of fishing gear from ebay and sold many items(slap my arse!).I dont really want to boycott them because there are some great bargains. I seek forgiveness for my sins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are anti gun, but not 100%. You can still buy reloading equipment and some gun parts. Magazines cannot be over 10 rounds (even if they are legal in your state). There was a thread on here a little while ago that went to an ebay action in Australia where a guy was only trying to sell UNPRIMED brass and he received a bunch of grief from Ebay and had his auction closed.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.