Sabage Rifles

Niet

Always I have listened comments about of the good quality of the rifles sabage, but in the majority of the post or articles everybody speak of remington' s 700... then which is the real quality of sabage (compared with other rifles), or is a myth only ?.

P.D.: I own Sabage 116, but never a remington o something else

Niet, I have shot Savage rifles for 30 years,and this is opening up the age old 'Ford vs.Chevy vs Dodge' type argument. I presently own 3. They have never been 'lookers' and the action is not as smooth as some but... they shoot. I really believe that they will out group any rifle out of the box. One of the beauties of these rifles is that YOU can change the barrel to what you want. My last project was to replace a 22.250 barrel with a 260 rem. It shoots .5-.7" groups at 200 yds and I'm not a shooter. I also replaced the trigger with a competion trigger from Sharp Shooters Supply. I would encourge you to visit thier site and explore the possibilites. You can find the link from www.savageshooter.com.

Sorry bout' that. Glad you found it. What I left out previously that I wanted to say is with the Savage YOU can replace the barrels and YOU can replace the triggers without much trouble at all. It really does give you a sense of accomplishment when you put one together that shoots well. No doubt that Remchester and others make very fine rifles but I have been totally satisfied with my Savages. Good luck, and keep me up on your direction and progress.

Yep Fords-Chevys if you have a rifle that shoots real good what difference does the brand make? I have the 116 SAK in 300 RUM and it will shoot real close to my match grade barrels, not bad for a hunting gun out of the box.Niet give your rifle a good try you might like what you already have?

I have two currently and they were both shooters. A 12fp in 308 will keep 5 shots within 1/2 inch all day long. And that is stock!!!! My remington model 700 has trouble keeping 3 shots under 1.5 inches with the best handloads i can make. It has been bedded, lugs lapped, and new crown. Are there lemons in every brand you bet, but for the money and the time invested, Savage all the way!! [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.