Savage rifles

codyjoe1128

Ok, I've been pondering quite a bit on this...why do savage rifles seem louder than rifles of the same chambering from other manufactures? My model 10 223 and my wsm are louder than anything non braked I've ever heard and my 17 hmr is louder too...

I wear plugs....muffs push on my glasses too much....everyone around home can tell the savages sound louder, even from a mile off(literally) we had a 223 savage and Remington and an AR side by side, same length barrels, same cheap federal 55grain fmj bulk box ammo, Remington and AR sounded almost the exact same, Savage sounded like a cannon....

I was shootin my model 12 26" barreled 300 wsm Monday and my moms neighbour came over, he just bought a Remington 700 in 300 wsm (which with factory ammo my savage out shot) with a 24" bbl...his sounded like my dads old 30-06...mine was louder than his braked 338 lapua that he brought over too.......
On a side note, I think I would really like to have a savage 110 BA now!

I didn't notice it till I shot with a buddy that hadn't jumped on the savage bandwagon yet....my wsm is loud and when shootin prone its hard on grass

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.