running out of elevation.

gohring3006

I was at the range and I usually use hold over to get to 400 but I decided to dial for range and ran out of elevation. I got it to 400 but it was raised all the way to stop. TC venture, Bushnell scope. My question is do they make a 20moa ring set or do I need a rail ? Has any one replaced the bases on a Venture with a rail ?

It NEVER hurts to upgrade to a good qaulity rail (EGW, Farrell, NF, etc...), and a good set of rings (Seekins, TPS TSR, NF, Leupy MK4, etc...).

I've about got all mine swapped over to rail systems, so I can remove and interchange scopes without having to re-cant them all to make sure they're level, because once they're locked into those rings, they ain't moving left or right, as long as you got them properly torqued in there.

IMO, either the Burris Z rings with inserts or the +MOA rail will work. It'd be less expensive to go the +MOA rail and you can always add the Z rings with inserts if you need to fine tune it a little more.
Be sure to bed that rail ... gun)

Thanks guys, I looked into the Burris setup and it would be cheaper to go with a rail I just hope I can get one to fit my action contour I can custom fit it if the screw holes line up if not it might be easier to use the Burris rings...

I was at the range and I usually use hold over to get to 400 but I decided to dial for range and ran out of elevation. I got it to 400 but it was raised all the way to stop. TC venture, Bushnell scope. My question is do they make a 20moa ring set or do I need a rail ? Has any one replaced the bases on a Venture with a rail ?

What scope are you running that runs out of adjustment at 400 yards? Even using 308 data and 168 sierras I get less than 5 MOA in correction. If your scope only has 5 MOA in elevation I say get a new scope

I was confused with that as well I didn't have enough loads with me to try and figure out what was going on with the scope. I'm going back out asap.

Thanks guys, I looked into the Burris setup and it would be cheaper to go with a rail I just hope I can get one to fit my action contour I can custom fit it if the screw holes line up if not it might be easier to use the Burris rings...

Please let me know if that works out so I can pass it on to my friends with TC Ventures.

The Burris zee rings with inserts are simply amazing, you can get up to ~40 MOA correction/gain ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.