Ruger drops 6.5 Creedmoor

That is a great combination: 6.5 Creedmoor, Ruger and Quigley Ford. I am testing Winchester and Nosler 140gr. match 6.5 Creedmoor currently. The Creedmoor is not going anywhere and neither is the .260. In fact I just purchased a 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger Predator for myself.

Well it's 2015 and I just purchased the Ruger American Preditor 6.5 Creedmoor and topping it off with a Quigley-Ford 520. Hopefully the round will be around for a while. When I like a gun I normally keep it for a few years, like forever. Hopefully this will be a good whitetail round when I want to give the 20 year old M77 Stainless 7mm Mag a rest.

The Creedmoor isnt going anywhere. Its just gaining in popularity and more companies are chambering rifles for it. Nosler, norma, hornady, winchester make brass for it as far as i know but there could be more. This is s awesome round that will most likely be with us for a long time.

I never saw a good reason for the Creedmoor. I never saw what it had over the 260 Rem. & the 260 Rem rifle are not running off the shelves of stores., to be truthful I have only seen a couple in stock. I also think we have too many calibers for the Manfactures to support. IMHO

I have several 6.5s including the Creedmoor. The Creedmoor is a Ruger Hawkeye all weather and shoots .669 three shot groups at 200 yds. I must admit though, I've killed more varmints and deer with my Tikka T3 6.5x55. I also have a custom 6.5x284 built on an '03 receiver. I like the extra FPS I get with it and it's an absolute tack driver.

Needless to say I'm a big fan of the 6.5 family.

Looks like the CM is sticking around, it's really only gaining in popularity and increasingly common.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.