Rnd edge 2000

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by padd54, May 3, 2009.

1. padd54

padd54 Well-Known Member

Greetings, I am new at this and would like opinions on a rifle I am thinking of buying.
    I have always used .270win for deer and elk, usually within 200yrds, with good success.
    Now I want to try my hand at long range hunting.
    Here is the rifle I am thinking of buying;
    RND Edge - Percision Rifles
    Please give me your thoughts.
    Thanks.

2. foreign

foreign Well-Known Member

was wondering on why you wanted a semi auto. ive always been under the impression bolt guns are more accurate in general. maybe cheeper 2.

3. padd54

padd54 Well-Known Member

Well, I will also use it as a Home Defense Weapon, it has a 10rd mag, as well as hunting large game.
    As far a cost, I am looking at just under $5k with a 30" barrel and all the accessories except the pistol grip rest.

4. BH Hunter

BH Hunter Well-Known Member

That would be quite a home defensive gun w/ 30" tube. Would you be better off w/ your 870 stuffed w/ your pheasant load?

5. LostInSpace278

LostInSpace278 Well-Known Member

Hand guns and shotguns are for home defense. The 1 your looking at is more for suppressive fire. gun)If I was dropping $5000 I would go custume or semi custom with a Nightforce scope, especially since your wanting to reach out and touch something. Just my opinion though. I really like the looks of the RND 2000, just can't justify the $$$.

6. padd54

padd54 Well-Known Member

Yea, I use handguns for close up work, but my home starts out at the front gate which is fair piece out. :D

The RND is completely custom and milled on site except the trigger. It is a truly unique weapon. I am thinking of making a trip out to test fire his offerings before I make a commitment.

I was hoping that someone here had some experience with his rifles.
    I know that there are a number here that make excellent rifles, I just want something that could adapt to different requirements and environments.

Do any of you have experience with Accuracy Systems Inc. rifles?
    I have a Rem 7400 that I may send them.

Thanks for all the input.
    Ray

7. LostInSpace278

LostInSpace278 Well-Known Member

Where abouts do you live? I'll be moving to Loveland in @ 1 month, which is just a little north of Longmont. If you can test fire before hand, that would be great. You wouldn't mind reporting back with your experience would you?

8. padd54

padd54 Well-Known Member

You will probably get there before I am able to make the trip. I live in Central Oregon.

If you are able to visit the facility please let me know your impressions.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  9. jimmym40a2

jimmym40a2 Well-Known Member

I have fired this gun and it was accurate and functioned perfectly. Lloyd the owner is a great guy and would take care of you.

10. jimmym40a2

jimmym40a2 Well-Known Member

11. padd54

padd54 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses and videos.
    I ordered this rifle, Lloyd would only let me have the 26" barrel due to the gas operation characteristics.
    I can't wait to get it. Once I do I will definitely post my impressions along with pics and a video if I can figure out how to post a video.

I should have it in time for Elk season, but I doubt that I will use it this year. I will need to work up loads and get proficient in it's operation and learn the limitations of the rifle and myself..

12. schmi015

schmi015 Member

You ever pick up the gun you ordered and how do you like it?