Rings??

bigboyhunter

Any body have good advise on getting 20 moa? Some people have told me to get a rail for my mount? I've heard burris signature series rings...do you by moa inserts for those? Thanks

I use the signature rings. They're good. I dialed my scope to bottom out, then turned it up ten inches. I then took it to the gun store with me. I told them I wanted them to fit inserts that zeroed the crosshairs where I had them. Cost me six bucks for inserts and half an hour. Great way to go.

I believe thier inserts come in hundredths of an inch. I'm sure you could figure out how many hundredths you need to get the moa you want.

I use the rings and inserts. Degrease all of the screws and threads in the holes very well because the are really greasy right out of the package.

I'm a big fan of the "tactical" style rail and rings for a precision rifle. Look at those by Seekins Precision or Badger Ordnance. I'll admit that Glen Seekins is a friend of mine, but he does build a great base & ring combo that will get you that 20 MOA if you want it. Seekins builds from high-quality aluminum.

Welcome to Seekins Precision

Also have two rifles set up with Badger bases, one flat, the other a 20 MOA base. I simply can't fault Badger. Very high quality.

Regards, Guy

You can go with the Picatinnny rail (base) and Weaver style rings, or you can go with the Burris bases and rings. I've used the Burris Signature Dual Dovetails with the polycarbonate (hard plastic) inserts. The rings come with inserts (think they're 00), but you can buy the Offset Ring Insert Kit from MidwayUSA (they're +/- 5, 10 & 20) and that will let you "build" more MOA in your rifle/scope setup. Either method will work, final decision is based on what appeals most to you. Hope this helps...JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.