Bases and Rings

wadevb1

I am in the market for a set of high quality base and rings for my Rem 700 LA. I am looking at the picatinny style. I am curious if anyone has any experience with US Optics. They appear to be high quality and would like any imput prior to placing an order as they are pricey.

I eliminated NEAR bases as I was informed they are a month behind on orders.

SeekingsPrecision, I did place an order over a month ago, delays, advised unable to get metal needed for my rings. I gave up hope on Seekings.

Thanks, Wade

Seekins is shipping right now AFAIK...

USO has the windage adj. feet like millets (only beefier)...I don't care for them AT ALL.

Might want to check with Glen Seekins again...you won't be dissappointed...

JB

JB1000br,
I sought out seekings based on your comments on other posts. I will try again and check my status with Glenn today. If I get positive feed-back on US Optics I will place an order ASAP. I have a rifle that just returned from McMillan with a new stock. The month wait is killing me.

What rings do you need...I have some 4-screw Seekins 30mm Lows that have not been mounted yet if you NEED them ASAP.

Just pay Glen, and I'll send them your way, he can replace mine when he has more.

JB

I have some Seekins Med or High 4 screw rings and would be happy to do the same as JB1000 if you need them just let us know what height you need. I'll check to see what height they are for sure.

I greatly appreciate your offers, For the base I did opt for the four screw base, I think Glenn suggested the medium rings as I'm mounting a VXIII with 40mm obj. I will be in need of the inserts to reduce the 30mm to one inch. Within a year I hope to purchase a NF, but the one inch tube will have to do.

JB100br, If you think the lows will mount I'd be happy to give them a try.

I wasn't able to reach Glenn yesterday, nice lady told me he was busy and he would be away for the weekend due to a wedding.

Thank-you, Wade

I recieved a call from Glenn, sounds like my order is kinda back in motion. Your offers were generous, I hope I don't have to ask again.

Wade

Hey wade, I will get you fixed up. So far i have been going through some learning experiences with vendors that have been less than desirable. This is the main reason I do all the machining, quality control and customer relations myself. Right now my longest lead time is anodizing. Im on my 5th vendor. For some reason samples are perfect and the lot doesn't meet my standards. Maybe im too picky? but i dont think so. I believe i have found a good one but now the problem seems to be his time management skills. If i can work on him on that I will be golden as this is my last hurdle. (for now)

If your rings arent shipped this week your order will be free. I have your rings sitting here, just waiting on the inserts.

Glen

PS: Thanks Shawn and JB.

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you are taken care of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like he is WELL taken care of. If more companies had this kind of service and quality control the world would be a better place!

I'll have to drive north and pick me up a set of rings/bases as soon as I can afford it.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.