Rings and bases for LR setup

Moss

Gentlemen,

I'm upgrading two rigs with new glass. A couple of Rem 700's, one is a 300win and the other is a 25-06. Both now sport Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 with target turrets.

I have the opportunity to shoot at extended range upcoming and I want to see what I can do at 1K yards and maybe out to 1760 yards. The location goes out to 3K so who knows what we will try.

I know these scopes have 68 MOA total adjustment without considering what is absorbed by 100 yard zero.

What is the best base and ring setup for these 1" scopes to reach extended range in a hunting application?

Pretty sure Zeiss turrets are IPHY on that scope, not MOA.(mine is anyway) As far as the set up, If your scope has 68 MOA total travel, its safe to say that you half of that available for "up", if your currently mounted on a level base. That says about 34 MOA is left for elevation, which is plenty to get you to 1k.

My LR guns sit on 20MOA rails and hold 200 yd zero's. I would suggest a similar set up to you. The extra 20 MOA in the rail will not hurt you if you want to maintain your 100 yd zero, but will give you the extra adjustment range should you decide to stretch things out.

Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.