Ring and base advice

The Leupold rings will not hold up to the 300 Ultra mag (broke two sets), but will work fine on the smaller calibers. Talley & Night Force are my go to rings with a 20 MOA picatinny rail base on every rifle from now on.

I have gone with Talley one piece mount and rings they are light . I have them on a 26 nosler. A 300 wsm and a 325 wsm and smaller caliber rifles. I really like the costumer service. I have made mistakes on the order no problem with the return. Good luck by quality and you should be happy

Build your own. It's a lot cheaper.
I make my own bases and rings. I can build a set for anyone.

Attachments

• 8CACE902-54B0-4026-81C3-7A8BC8F6C83C.jpeg
    8CACE902-54B0-4026-81C3-7A8BC8F6C83C.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I prefer the Tally one piece ring/base unit.
I won't use a rail seems like they are in the way for loading,of course none of my rifles are clip feed!

i have used a lot of them, including high end Swrovski and Griffin&Howe. Clean them with a solvent, including screws and screw holes and mount them according to specs and most will do the job. One I have gotten recently that impressed me is Acme Machine. Good luck.

Hey all, new to the forum. Asking for a little help, I have a Fierce fury chambered in 28 nosler. Putting on a Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56, Just wondering what would be a good base and ring fit for this set up? Thanks for any advice.
Check out EGW, a Pennsylvania company with all in house manufacturing, sales and service. egwguns.com

Check out EGW, a Pennsylvania company with all in house manufacturing, sales and service. egwguns.com
I have 2 sets of their rings and bases. Was just thinking nobody has mentioned them and was about to.

I happen to like the Leupold Dual Dove Tail Rings and Bases. made of steel, and very stable and secure. Sorry but they are not very sexy or tactical looking. I use them on my Weatherby Mark V in .270 Weatherby Mag with my Leupold VX 3 in 8.5X to 25X Windplex, with a 30 mm main tube and a 50mm Objective lens. I used this set up at the Bang Steel Shooting School, in Virginia, where I hit targets from 500 to 1200 yards, over the two days of shooting. Incredible fun hearing the steel go "Boing!!!" I think I fired over 80 rounds in those two days. The rings and bases remained tight, nothing moved, nothing came loose, and the scope had plenty of Elevation built in. No 20 MOA Rail was needed in this case. Here is a picture of the Dual Dove Tail Rings and Bases when the rifle had a Leupold 4.5X to 14 VX3 on it, then at the table where I shot the steel showing the Leupold Windplex 8.5X to 25 X scope. With an instructor calling the wind, this rifle hit targets at every range over and over. I will hunt Whitetail a bean field in N. Carolina this year with this rifle. It will remain in its wood stock, and I will wrap scope and rifle with Camo nonstick tape. Good Luck with your search for rings and bases.
Leupold doesn't offer this setup or any other base option for a Fierce rifle. The OP is limited by base options because not many companies make a base option for a Fierce Fury/Edge action.