Ring and base advice

OP, I just went through this with a Fierce carbon edge and a Leupold VX 5 3-15x44. For what it's worth, I ended up going with a Murphy Precision 0 moa steel rail and Leupold steel rings. I will say, I am biased and do not like aluminum mounts which is why I chose all steel. I know a lot of people have good experience with Talley, they're just not for me. After looking around and driving myself crazy (or crazier), I decided to use 0 moa in the base due to having enough adjustability in my scope for the distances I want to shoot. My rifle is built with hunting and practicing in mind, not competition. I will say, the murphy precision rail is top notch and it was shipped to my door very quickly. They also offer a 10 moa rail that would split the difference for you. If trimming a few ounces is what your after, they also offer titanium rails. Hope this helps.

A.R.M.S QD from Mounting Solutions Plus, Leupold Std's great rings & mount especially if you need to really tighten up the windage, spit 1/2, 1/4 moa, or 1/8 moa with friction windage adjustment in the base. SPUHR... be sure to bring your wallet. There are many of course and most all are just fine, but... in rings and mounts, you get what you pay for. Cheers

I can not recommend Leupold's dual dove tail bases/rings. Twice I dropped rifles on elk hunts and had the zero knocked off significantly. Both rifles had the "twist on" Leupold dove tail mounts. I love every other Leupold product, especially the rifle scopes, but now I use one piece mount/rings and have not had any problems.

I can not recommend Leupold's dual dove tail bases/rings. Twice I dropped rifles on elk hunts and had the zero knocked off significantly. Both rifles had the "twist on" Leupold dove tail mounts. I love every other Leupold product, especially the rifle scopes, but now I use one piece mount/rings and have not had any problems.
Interesting, I've owned an unbelievable amount of Leupold Std mounts on all types of rifles over the years and still do, I've never had one failure with them, not to say they won't because the truth is they all can fail at some point. One of the oldest rifles I've run them on is my Rem Mod 760 in .223 Rem, which I bought in late 64 none of the rifles, shots, and pistols I've used them on has ever had a problem, from the older ones to the newest now on the M-760 but... as I said; not saying it couldn't fail if dropped especially if the windage screw was a little loose. Just my 0.2 Cheers.

Rem 760 2.jpg
Rem 760 1.jpg
Rem 760 3.jpg

I did not know that !! Thank You letting me know that. Leupold does not make Dual Dove Tail Bases for my Weatherby Mark V Ultralight rifle , either. Disappointing!!! Leupold used to make bases with No screw holes at all, for a gunsmith to drill them to suit your action. I wonder if they still offer those for sale???????

MOA, hey brother I got my skis, I miss read your post; you said, "Leupold dual dovetail mounts" and I was thinking of Std mounts, brain fade! I better slow down, the old eyes are what they were. 🤓 Cheers

I did not know that !! Thank You letting me know that. Leupold does not make Dual Dove Tail Bases for my Weatherby Mark V Ultralight rifle , either. Disappointing!!! Leupold used to make bases with No screw holes at all, for a gunsmith to drill them to suit your action. I wonder if they still offer those for sale???????
You know I think they do, this is what they show. Back in the day I use to shoot with some of the folks from Warne "rings and mount" they at the time and I think still may, did a lot of sub-contracting for Leupold making Leupold rings and mounts, they may still have something that might work for you. I have a couple of Weatherby Mk V Varmintmasters (miniature action rifles) that are a devil to find mounts for these days, right now I used Leupold Stds on them no complaints. Cheers

1659026945145.png

EXCELLENT , Thank You 436. Yes I use the standard Leupold mounts on my small action mark V, No Complaints either. But I will search these out and get a set . Since I don't shoot very much in the summer, this could be a nice project for a Smith next summer. Thanks again. Lenny