Right Out Of The Box----

Most Accurate Hunting Rifle Out Of The Box

• Total voters
Have you guys ever heard of tikka. They are owned by Sako and are probably the best out of the box gun you will ever have the pleasure to shoot. Literally stick a scope on and load up and it is ready for anything you can throw at it.

Tikka by far the best out of the box rifle there is.

Have you guys ever heard of tikka. They are owned by Sako and are probably the best out of the box gun you will ever have the pleasure to shoot. Literally stick a scope on and load up and it is ready for anything you can throw at it.

Tikka by far the best out of the box rifle there is.
I would have to agree. I own two tikkas and both shoot 1/2 inch out of the box so easy to load for. they are just simple and work. on a recent goat kull I shot 125 goats with 130 shots in a week. had no jams no mis feeds no problems what so ever. only misses were human error

The TikkaT3 Lite's shoot very well right out of the box, especially for such a lightweight packing rifle. I've never owned a savage so can't compare to them. Owned a number of Ruger 77s, Rem 700s and Win 70s. Tikka's outperformed them. 0.75" and better at 100 yards could be expected with hand loads.

this......Tikka is the most impressive out of the box......my Tikka's pull .5" at 100yds with factory ammo when I do my part

I see Henry got no votes as well. I've always liked the looks and function and I'd like to own one at some time in the future but not a .22.

Don't believe I can afford a Cooper, I'm retired.

I see Henry got no votes as well. I've always liked the looks and function and I'd like to own one at some time in the future but not a .22.

Don't believe I can afford a Cooper, I'm retired.

I guess I'm kinda odd here.

I've always liked the looks of a Ruger #1, and contrary to what some posters have said; I've seen a few of them shoot very well. But deep down inside, I'm an 1885 nut! I love Hi-Walls and Lo-Walls, and have a passion for Savage 99's (everybody should own at least one in their lifetime). Might add here that I've seen some pretty accurate Hi-Walls in my lifetime

I own three Marlin 39's. A 39M that's literally drove me nuts over the years, and a standard 39A that shoots 1.38" groups at 100 yards. (five shot). I also have a 39 commemerative with gold inlay and an octagon barrel. Still has the hang tags on it! But my 541's are always more accurate
gary

A year ago I would have said Remington...but then I bought this Winchester (new, FN made)

2012-05-21_14-03-04_624-1.jpg

And it shoots...and I'm not even done tweaking the loads yet...below is 175 Huntiing VLD's.
photobucket-3154-1349794648260.jpg

This one is 168 Nosler Ballistic Tips.
photobucket-8378-1349796767708.jpg

I voted Savage. Not from my personal experience, but from the experiences of other shooters I personally know.

Once case in particular. A lady hunter just last week shot a doe antelope at 710 yds with a little 6BR........Savage factory target rifle. They tell me, it shot a 3 shot group at 600 yds that was an inch! Pretty darn tough to beat that with most any "out of the box" factory rifle.

I've never owned a Savage, but lots of serious varmint shooters are swearing by them now.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.