Best shooting out of the box rifle

Traper55

All you long range shooters out there i need help in selecting my new rifle, got it nerowod down to two Savage 116FSS or Remmy Sendero in 300RUM. Now the price, Savage is half the price of Remmy. Any out put would be great, later, Traper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Might want to consider the Rem PSS. Like the Sendero it uses an HS precision stock just with a palm swell. This same combination will also be a great canidate to accurize on down the road.

I know of two Savage 116 SAK's that shoot sub sub min. I own one of them, they are 300RUM caliber are pillar bedded and have an effecient muzzle brake from the factory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Savage do not make the model 116FSS IN 300 RUM. My understanding is they make it in the Model 116FSAK. Right?

I have been a Savage man for years. Why did I order a 300 RUM in Remington Sendero SF II yesterday? Looks? The stock?
Not sure... There's something about them senderos...

I couldn't agree more with POP and would like to add CZ, also known as Brno to the list. If Savages came with rear view mirrors, you'd see a Remington in it.

I'll second the Savage and CZ rifles for being very accurate out of the box! I have wittnessed them shooting some very good groups with factory ammo. All in all I would put them in the 1.4-MOA to 1.8-MOA and that is not bad for a hunting rifle that is not being handloaded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

For those of you who dont mention a Sendero, I have a feeling youve never had the honor of shooting one(same goes for a 700P, VSF, VS, VLS, VSSF, and many others). And the New Sendero does indeed have the palm swell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Its a wonderful shooter, just like the past Senderos. Its costs more than some others listed but Lifes short.

I do have a Sendero SF II. I really like it! I've had it out to the range 3 times, I've gotten groups that I'm working in making them better, like (3 shots)0.8 MOA at 307 yards/ windy day. Same load gave me 0.57 MOA 3 shots group at 100 yards/ no wind. The last one was shot by my partner 15 y/o son who thinks shoots better than dad. Sssssh he could be right!!! that was using Berger 210 gr. 0.005 into the lands. With Accubond, a mile away from the lands so that it fits the magazine, barrel was dirty and got 6 shots at 100 yards 0.78 MOA MV=3200 F/S ---- I know it can shoot better than that and aim to prove it. This all was done with brand knew brass. I like this rifle. I had one of the best gunsmiths put a muzzle break on it and do a skim bedding + Trigger job. Sorry, I know this is not out of the box anymore! I just had to share it!

Eaglet, check your email, and your spam folder incase it went in there. Look for an email from "Aaron" or "athlon14ddr"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm going to have to vote for the Model 700 as well. They are a sweet shooting machine once you take care of the trigger pull.

I own a VSSF II (204) and a 700 SS (308). They are amazing. With the 308, I can shoot a 3/4" 5-shot group using 5 different brands of ammo (same bullet weight/type). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.